Bond Bridge for control of Somfy (RTS) shades & curtains

Thinking to purchase Bond Home to control two Somfy (RTS) motored blinds and one set of curtains. I see that Bond is a Built-In app with Hubitat. Question: Will the device names that I set up for each window treatment in Bond be the actual device names in Hubitat, and will I be able to control each device separately? In other words, will I be able to use Rules Machine to control one, two, or all three windows independently from the others? Thanks!

Update: Bridge purchased and set up. It does control each device independently, however here's the issue now:

Bond Bridge (standard) has all 3 of my Somfy motored devices (1 set tilt-blinds, 1 set cellular roller blinds, and 1 full curtain) operating perfectly in Bond app, including the MY settings. I used the built-in integration in Hubitat, and it integrated well... I'm able to "see" all 3 devices, and they can Open/Close from Hubitat app. What I cannot seem to figure out is how to do the MY settings in Hubitat. I found an old thread on the Hubitat community, which seemed to say to use 'SetPosition' to 50%, and that would be the MY setting, but I'm not sure if I did it correctly because it's not working. I see 'SetPosition' within the configuration for each device:

But entering '50' in the configuration doesn't work (it won't save with the 50 staying there). Next I tried creation of a RulesMachine rule, but the 'SetPosition' doesn't work there either.

What do I need to do?

@MERRICK For the ZRTSI the stopPostionChange command it equivalent to MY. If the shades are moving it will stop them. If the shades are not moving it will go to the MY position. It’s likely that the same applies for Bond integration.

Thank you, I’ll give this a shot

Hey @MERRICK. I'm in the UK and thinking of using the Bond Bridge rather than the tohoma switch. Did you manage to get the My position working in the end?

Hello - following up on this - i attempted the ' stopPostionChange button while calling for the blinds to go up or down, and it didnt seem to affect. I have the ZRTSII and am using BOND to interface. im very new here (i just left wink) - any thoughts on how i can send a custom command? i tried many clever things (not done with logic yet)

but im using a pico 5 button.... the middle button (3) is to be used as the MY POSITION -
i attempted to set a 5 second delay... then hit STOP or even SET STOPPOINT... but the blinds just keep on going!

@DRIZNA It's unclear from your screenshot what "Stop Shades..." does but in my setup I explicitly call stopPositionChange(). I'm using a ZRTSII but from other posts in this thread it appears BOND also has the same command.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 9.53.36 AM

You mention that have both ZRTSII and BOND. I would only use one. Both devices can communicate directly with Hubitat and the shades. If you're using both, then perhaps the issue lies there.

Good

• Shade > ZRTSII > Hubitat
  • Shade > BOND > Hubitat

Bad

• Shade > ZRTSII > BOND > Hubitat

thank you for the notes!!! - how do you explicitly call stopPositionChange()? These are my options

as for the bond/zrtsii.... i have the bond linked with hubitat, and just unplugged the ZRTSII to see if that was causing some of the issue. Good news is the blinds operate just using * Shade > BOND > Hubitat.... bad news is, the stop option does not activate

@DRIZNA You'll want to use the "Set Variable, Mode, or File, Run Custom Action" action...

thanks for sticking with me! Thats really cool.
I just added that, and still, the blinds dont stop - they stop with the DECOFLEX RTS remote i used to have (before I unplugged the ZRTSII)

when i go into the blinds directly - i can click OPEN and it opens... but STOP POSITION CHANGE does not work.... could i have the blind set as the wrong type?

looks like i have them labeled as

{template=RMS42, name=front bedroom, type=MS, actions=[Close, Hold, Open, Pair, Preset, Stop, TiltClose, TiltOpen, ToggleOpen]}

here is an image showing that they are listed 'generic window shade component'

@DRIZNA Unfortunately I don't have a Bond hub, so I'm not sure what could be the issue.

Since you already have a ZRTSI I would try that with my driver

[RELEASE] Somfy ZRTSI II

amazing i will try this out!!! ill look up how to add drivers now, so much to learn, but loving it