Are Aone smart products by Aurora Lighting compatible with HE?

Hi,

I'm in the process of putting together a list of smart products that i would like to use around my home and was wondering if anyone knows if the Aone range of smart products by Aurora the lighting company would be compatible with Hubitat? I know they integrate with Smart Things and work on the zigbee platform so would you say there is a good chance they would work with Hubitat with minimal effort?

Thanks

Most likely.

If the devices support the zigbee home automation v1.2 profile (or zigbee 3.0, which should fall back automatically to ZHA v1.2), then they should work with HE.

I would also suggest searching the forum for β€œAone,” since this isn’t the first thread that comes up with that keyword search.

There's a couple posts about these:

Thanks @marktheknife and @Ryan780. I will have a look at the previous threads.

2 Likes

Hello!

I have two of the dimmer modules and they work brilliantly. I had my doubts at first but it turned out to be an issue with an unrelated corruption on my hub that support helped me to resolve.

Anyway - yes these work very well using the generic Zigbee dimmer driver built in to the hub.

Martyn

2 Likes

There is also a box of their kit on the way to the HE team as they are going to officially support them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone bought any of Aone's products yet.
Just wondering how you are getting on with them if you have.

I get my Aurora Aone sockets today so will be trying to pair it directly with HE. From reading some of the Aone posts it seems like some Aone products can be directly linked and so fingers crossed!

Also, I spoke to the Aone technical team yesterday and they said they had no plans to link their system with HE! Not sure if that is there 'standard line' until the driver is properly built but thought it was strange they didn't say that they were working on it!

@sandhufamilia Keep us updated please. I have planned my whole house with Aone products but have put everything on hold until i can confirm they will work with HE.

I bought a dimmer module and replaced the old 'analogue' unit with it.
Works well using the 'Generic Zigbee Dimmer' driver.
I'll be interested to hear how you get on with outlets.
The good thing is they are using zigbee 3.0.

1 Like

That sounds like hub to hub? Which I can't see happening, they were going to send the devices but they havent been in contact in a while and seem to have gone quiet. :unamused:.

The drivers are on ST so they could be ported, once you have the devices to test. Good luck, keep us posted :slight_smile:

@BorrisTheCat, I didn't mean hub to hub, i meant power socket directly to HE (I want to avoid getting their hub!)

@lhsplumbing10 - Good news and bad news on this one! Good news is that I just wired in the new power socket and it paired straight away with HE! Bad news is that I can only get HE to control the left plug and the right plug just stays in whatever state you physically leave it in.

I'll play around with this at the weekend to see if I can get both sockets to be controlled individually (or at least both together) but mixed results so far!

My guess is that a custom driver will be needed.
Maybe convert an existing one that is out there.

I wonder if this could be amended to work with these outlets.

Hey, did you get anywhere with this?

I've just purchased one of the double sockets and I'm in exactly the same situation! :smiley:

Check out the latest episode of Hubitat live @proffalken! Looks like we nagged Aurora enough so they sent @mike.maxwell a box full of goodies! And luckily these double sockets are first on his AOne hit list so hopefully they'll be a driver in the next HE release

2 Likes

Fantastic, thanks! I'll stick to one socket for now then! :smiley:

Thanks @mike.maxwell for developing the Aone drivers. Can I make one feature request that in addition to being able to turn the power on and off on both sockets, that you can also adjust the colour of the sockets in their on/off states? Out of the box they shine a bright blue when they are turned on but it would be good to be able to turn off the light if possible!

Changing the color isn't possible, but the driver will include options to manage the indicator status as well as the level.
These are global settings, not separate per socket.

Great, thanks @mike.maxwell. I don't need to change the colours but if you can set the level to zero (so there is no light) then that's all I need. The family has given me a lot abuse over the last few days about the bright lights in their bedrooms so setting the level to low / off would be great!