Are Aone smart products by Aurora Lighting compatible with HE?

Where are the drivers for this as I will be adding some Aone plug sockets over the next few weeks? I recently purchased one of their motion sensors however could not get it to detect motion! It connected to HE via zigbee but wouldn't trigger motion to turn a light on, has anyone had their motion sensors working?

I currently use the dimmer light switch which works fine, it seems to be one of the only UK smart switches that work with HE and doesn't need a neutral so will be installing more of these around my house.

The outlet drivers are already built in , they should be selected when the device includes.
The contact and motion sensors use an older develco zigbee profile that we currently don't support.
We also don't support any Green Power profile devices.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback, I will continue to just use their dimmer light switches and plug sockets. This will keep it easy for me to manage brands I am using. I'll probably use Fibaro for my motion sensors and contact sensors then although I am also looking at the Z wave Aeotec motion sensors and contact sensors.

Hi Guys

Im looking at the Aurora Aone Downlights (colour temp tuneable) is there a driver available or any plans to make available any time soon?

SKU Code AU-A1ZBMPRO1ZX

(Sorry couldnt add a link)

currently run a HE C5

Thanks

Andy

platform 2.2.5 has an advanced ct driver that was specifically tested with this device, however it will work in the interim using the Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev) driver...

thanks @mike.maxwell for the quick response, would each light fitting needs to be added individually and then grouped for the room they are all installed into?

ie would it be best to add each on a bench before physically fitting as they are hardwired

Always include devices in place.

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell Has the Aurora AU-A1ZBR1GW Aone Battery 1g Rotary Dimmer been tested yet?

Found some guys using the mains dimmer without issues but aurora say the battery version is needed to control the mpro tunable lights.

Message from their rep.

"I have been advised that the firmware in the battery dimmer is quite complex so most likely would not be compatible without Hubitat integrating it onto their system."

1 Like

Is the Aone contact sensor compatible? I've bought one but can't seem to get it to work with any of the generic zigbee contact sensor drivers.

The contact and motion sensors use an incompatible zigbee application profile.

Not questioning you, could a driver be made by someone, they are smartthings compatible and ha 1.2

For the heck of it I'll try including it again, I don't remember what the issue was...

Yeah, they require separate transport keys per device, so they never complete initializing.
This appears to be similar to what's required for zigbee 3.0, so this can't be fixed at the driver level and must be done in hub code, once we get to zigbee 3.0 they may just work.

1 Like

Lol wouldn't that involve buying a new hub for zigbee 3

That would make sense I suppose, because when they brought out these extra device types they updated their hub to 3.0. maybe this was one of the reasons.

Is 3.0 not new hardware?

tbd, but likely not

2 Likes