Aqara FP2 released

Thanks for the clarification -- it just seemed to me that since it was a "Presence Sensor," it would have been designated as such, not as a "Motion Sensor."

I’ve setup mine as Virtual Motion Sensor with Switch and they report as present/not present:

1 Like

Are you using Amazon Alexa to integrate the FP2 to your Hubitat hub?

I’m using HomeKit. The responsiveness is really good!

1 Like

The wait is over. 1.1.8 is released

Let me know how it goes please so I can decide if it’s safe to upgrade from 1.1.5

3 Likes

It's not available for me yet :disappointed:

Summary

1 Like

Ah, thanks for confirming. I only looked at the version history page. Just confirmed that mine is also only showing 1.1.7 available. Must be on mainland China server only at this point in time. Maybe someone that isn't currently using their FP2 because of performance issues would be willing to change their Aqara app to the Mainland China server and test if the 1.1.8 update becomes available.

Mine is already bound to "Other" which I think is the same for North America, UK and EU. I don't want to unbind my device and bind to the Mainland China server since it's otherwise working and the zones are configured the way I want. Might be able to just import the Zone to another server, but it's not fully broken so I'm hesitant to make any changes I might not be able to back out of.

There is a new Aqara iOS app today. It includes the following feature:

"Improved real-time data refresh performance of Presence Sensor FP2;"

I have not tested it, yet...

2 Likes

Downloading now…

China server doesn't make a difference for the North American FP2 it seems. Still no 1.1.8 update available. So either this is a China only release for now, or someone screwed up and posted release notes they shouldn't have, or the release was pulled and the release notes page wasn't updated. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So far no new firmware and no new app (Android).

Running the new iOS Aqara app, I do see an improvement where detected people do now move properly in real-time on the display. So, that’s an improvement. Still no new firmware, though.

1 Like

That looks strangely like a virtual presence sensor to me... In fact, I don't see a "virtual motion sensor with switch" virtual device type (unless you created your own). Or am I missing something here?

For what it's worth, I've done the same thing-- using a virtual presence sensor. I set up a few zones in my great room (couch, chair, dining table, kitchen bar), and used RM5.1 to turn on the lights for the latter two when a person (or a cat, much to my chagrin) shows up and stays in the zone for 10 seconds. Works well enough until a native device driver exists.

Ha! Good catch! Yup - Virtual Presence sensor. :slight_smile:

One thing to mention about that-- when I used "presence... and stayed for x amount of time" in RM5.1, I was getting all sorts of weird behavior. Since it also has the switch associated with the virtual device, I changed it to "switch turns on and stays..." and it worked a lot more reliably. Not sure what that's about...

1 Like

I notice that sometimes they go on and off… maybe related…?

You are right! The lux values are displayed on the Home app, I got things mixed in my head.

I was partially sad I was not able to sync the exact lux value from HomeKit to HE via some virtual device (I'm using the HE HomeKit Beta Integration), but I was able to workaround this by creating a "Low Light" switch I use on my HE automations to control lighting on my rules, if the low light switch is on, lights turn on, if it is off, then lights are not turned on.

This can be done, but it requires that you pull them in from the Home Assistant HomeKit Controller Integration to HE via Home Assistant Device Bridge.

2 Likes

That is how I'm utilizing the lux value.

1 Like

That is good to know, thanks for sharing.

I do not use HA; I specifically started using the HE HomeKit integration to stop using homebrdige.