Aqara FP2 released

@rlithgow1,
Yep, it was a good move, I believe it's paid off!
It is much better than 1.1.7, although "ghosts" are still present. Good thing is that they don't stay present for too long and also I have not had any instances of sensor being "active" overnight like on 1.1.7 which was really bad.

3 Likes

Now showing 20% off in the US also. It was $74.69 yesterday (after 10% coupon) and $66.39 today.

Even at 100% off I don’t understand why anyone would buy these. I have three and regret all of them. They just don’t work. Any ghost is going to affect my automation. Guess it’s working for you guys tho.

1 Like

I also see it is on sale via the Amazon Prime day. Is there a Hubitat app yet or do we have to create a virtually device and have Alexa trigger it?

There is no direct integration with Hubitat yet.

I have mine paired to Home Assistant (running on a RaspPi 3B) using their HomeKit integration, and then the Home Assistant devices (entities) are brought back to my Hubitat via HADB. This all operates locally. It's been described several times in this thread.

(I originally set up the Home Assistant instance to get local control/access to my Ecobee thermostats in a similar fashion)

2 Likes

I saw that, but I'm not running Home Assistant. I also was hoping there might be a native Hubitat app by now.

I think they would need to have a published API for that to happen. Do you know if they do?

There is, but it’s a Cloud API, not local.

We have to wait for Matter.

5 Likes

@mike.maxwell @gopher.ny can you consider adding such an inbuilt virtual driver in the next system platform update, please?

1 Like

Not for me to decide, but I can see how this might be very confusing to new users that don’t understand what this would be used for. Anyway, the code is really simple. You can just change the capability to make any sensor you need also have a switch capability.

1 Like

Only Hubitat built-in virtual drivers are permitted to be used with Hubitat’s HomeKit integration. Thus the request for a built-in driver.

6 Likes

yeah, we can do that

10 Likes

So I have had this installed for a while now, works really well (I was a little hesitant due to some not having a lot of luck with it).

I have a hallway that is 'L' shaped leading to my front door and my home cinema setup with stairs also off this hall. Now, when I answer the door and stand there for a bit the light stays on at the front door but the others in the hall go off after 1 minute, also when my cinema/projector is on the lights come on to 5% and only the ones in the hall zone (hall is split into 3 zones) they are passing through (used to bug me when someone walked past the end of the hall and the lights all came on and too bright, probably could have got around this with multiple motion sensors and blocked part of their vision to make the zone they could see very small).

Anyway, speed using virtual switches in Alexa to trigger rules in Hubitat is good and no complaints from me, will get some more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have four of them with similar results. I've got them MOSTLY working by crippling TF out of the available zones to eliminate ghosts. The auto scan feature doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: I just wanted to say that these work MUCH better than the Tuya ones. The EP1 and the FP1 seem like the most accurate so far. The Tuyas might work better if I could manipulate the settings a bit better. I can't see any tangible change when I tweak them in the driver. Way too sensitive and lights stay on all night.

The latest firmware for the FP2 is much better than before, BUT my bathroom lights still crank to 100% several times a night. I'm sure my bedroom would too if it weren't for my sleep sensors. My dream would be to put FP2s in every room to eliminate the need for pretty much anything else. No bed sensors, no IR motion... would be amazing. We aren't even close that reality though.

1 Like

Have you played around with the sensitivity setting and/or the different options for how to report on presence in a zone? I haven't tried myself, was just curious if that helped at all.

Sure have. The main issue with the FP2.is ghosting. I'm not even talking about areas with fans. It's just not very reliable yet. If you actually used one of these for an alarm you'd be very sorry.

That's where I was wondering if the sensitivity could help, but if you've tried it and it doesn't help, that's a shame. Hopefully they will keep working on fixes in upcoming firmware updates.

While I've never been too concerned about a full-blown security system, even if I was, I don't think I would be using commercial home automation tech to achieve it, at least not at the moment. Notifications or warnings maybe, but not something more than that.

Security systems are BS anyways. Nothing but security theater. I just don't want the alarm to cry wolf.

1 Like

is the Tuya integrated correctly by hubitat and fully works? I'm looking for a presence sensor instead of traditional motion sensor, and this tuya looks like the best option, Thanks :slight_smile: