Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

In case anybody is interested in using APIXU's 24 hour forecast data in RM you take a look at my fork. It has a composite thermometer for low and a second for high. You can use the composite device's temperature attribute in RM.

Fork:
bangali/driver at master · codahq/bangali · GitHub

New Virtual Devices:

Example Rule:

If the temperature dips and the sprinkling system is enabled the house warns me until I turn the sprinklers off. Even though freezing is at 32 I gave 4 degrees grace. FYI, so you guys don't think I'm crazy the speaker device is a proxy and has many restrictions for talking that you don't see here.

Maybe if bangali likes this he will put it into the original driver.

Thx. I’ll give that a go.
Cheers

Oh cool. That seems a nice addition but the warnings for me would be high temp warnings not freezing. LOL

@njanda you are using a slightly older version of the driver. if you update to the latest version of the code you will find significantly less messages logged.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adey/bangali/master/driver/apixu-weather.groovy

That's why I added both. :+1:

the forecasted high and low temperature for the next day is already available in the driver … does that not work?

You can't use it in RM. For those that want to use the APIXU driver but don't want WATO it's handy to have available in an attribute.

ahh … got you. thanks

1 Like

Which attributes can you use in RM?

Read above. The temperature attribute of two composite devices that hold 24 high and low forecast.

Yeah I saw that, wasn't sure if there was more also. I am looking for lux and condition codes, not sure if you would be willing or possible to add these.

Lux is already available in bangali's driver as illuminance, right? I could do condition but what attribute would it go in and how would it be used?

I think weather condition would be better with WATO. Look that up. It allows you to compare any of the custom attributes in a driver and then perform actions on them sort of like rule machine.

1 Like

Whoops Ok I’ll update it thx

1 Like

Thanks again. I just updated and it's much less chatty :-):hugs:

1 Like

updated to github with the following changes. remember to update anything that may be using the feelLike* attributes.

* Version: 5.0.5
*	5/4/2019: fixed typos for feelsLike* and added condition code for day plus 1 forecasted data.
2 Likes

Bangali,

Yesterday, I noted that my illuminance based rules weren't working on my outdoor lighting. Looking in the dashboard, I noticed my illuminance, and other Weather gauge tiles weren't updated.

In the logs, I found the following. I downloaded and installed 5.0.5 after i saw these, but no change. Do you have any suggestions as to where i should look for breakage?

Thanks!

dev:172019-05-09 08:34:12.964 pm errorcom.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Virtual Thermometer' in namespace 'hubitat_codahq' not found on line 383 (poll)
dev:172019-05-09 08:34:12.913 pm warnCreating device 'Low Temperature next 24 hours' with DNI 999999||temperatureLowDayPlus1
dev:172019-05-09 08:34:12.020 pm debug>>>>> apixu: Executing 'poll', location: 20169
dev:172019-05-09 08:04:12.978 pm errorcom.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Virtual Thermometer' in namespace 'hubitat_codahq' not found on line 383 (poll)
dev:172019-05-09 08:04:12.941 pm warnCreating device 'Low Temperature next 24 hours' with DNI 999999||temperatureLowDayPlus1
dev:172019-05-09 08:04:12.028 pm debug>>>>> apixu: Executing 'poll', location: 20169
dev:172019-05-09 07:34:13.055 pm errorcom.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Virtual Thermometer' in namespace 'hubitat_codahq' not found on line 383 (poll)
dev:172019-05-09 07:34:12.968 pm warnCreating device 'Low Temperature next 24 hours' with DNI 999999||temperatureLowDayPlus1
dev:172019-05-09 07:34:12.013 pm debug>>>>> apixu: Executing 'poll', location: 20169
--- Loading Past Logs... ---

looks like you may be using a fork of my code?

the original code is here. let me know if you have the same issue with this code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adey/bangali/master/driver/apixu-weather.groovy

Thanks Bangali,

I didn't think I'd grabbed the link from anyplace else other than this thread, but...I dunno. I updated it using the link you provided, and while I'm not sure yet, events look promising!

Again, Thanks
Scott

Nope, the errors have gone away, but tiles continue to show the same data as before. It seems the attribute values arent getting updated. Illuminance and Temperature are the same as theyve been since I noticed he problem.

dev:172019-05-11 09:04:12.038 am debug>>>>> apixu: Executing 'poll', location: 20169

Is the only message showing in "logs", and it appears to be what it should be.

Puzzled for sure.

S

I signed up for an account on APIXU. Been waiting on the confirmation email. Requested it again. Been a day. Anyone know if that is usual?