Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

How can I change the time of sunrise and sunset to 12hrs not 24hrs?

My Apixu temperature is about 4 degrees off when compared to other weather websites. Is there a way to correct this erroneous reading?

You may have already figured this out but you can go to "Devices" then your "ApiXu Weather" device and change "Device Label" to whatever you would like it to display on your dashboard (note that if you delete the label altogether, the "Device Label" on your dashboard tile will default to the "Device Name"). Save your device and your dashboard should display your new device label.

1 Like

if you use lat,long does it return more accurate data for your location?

Hi, @bangali. Is it possible for this driver to provide precipitation for:
· 2 most recent historical days
· Today
· Forecast next 2 days

The use case is to provide input to a rain probability calculator for irrigation. Thank you.

while i added both feelsLike and wind previously had forgotten to allow selection for publishing those attributes. should be there now.

sorry about that.

2 Likes

Greetings,
New to Hubitat, been working in the weather monitoring industry most of my life.
Have a weather station, pushing data to Wunderground, I actually have a paid account but just to get rid of all the junk they used to send me. Have your WX code loaded in my Hubitat, entered zip and API key I own, no joy. Could you please lend a hand ?
Thanks for your time.
Dave

Is your API key correct?
Just wondering as the logs are showing 'unauthorised'.

1 Like

https://api.weather.com/v2/pws/observations/current?stationId=KNYKINGS9&format=json&units=e&apiKey=

This works so I assume my API key is correct.
Edit - API Key

That looks like a WU key not an ApiXU Key.

If you have a functioning WU key, use the Weather Underground App, not this ApiXU app.

I would edit your post to remove the API Key. This is the internet afterall... someone will find it and use up your daily API call quota. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thank you

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. I'll give the Weather Underground driver a try.
:+1:

Looks like there's a typo that prevents feelsLike from working.

The added map key was feelslike, but the actual attribute is feelsLike (capital L is needed)

1 Like

Thanks @josh that got my feels Like working again :slight_smile:

No. It defaults back to my zip code when I latitude, and longitude.

Great tool, super easy to setup and get going. Only took me 60 seconds and that includes creating APIXU account.

1 Like

ok. too bad. i know its 4 degree compared to other services but how does it compare to the actual temperature at your location … do you have any outside thermometers you could check against?

Hi @bangali, just wondering if there is an easy way I can turn off the logging that I'm getting from the APIXU weather app. It's pretty 'chatty' and not being very skilled with code I don't know where to look past what is presented in the driver. I'm guessing it's due to the Lux changing but please see the chatty log, below. :slight_smile:

Thx,
Nic

The fast way...

Edit the device code by adding // in front of all the debug statements