Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

I just signed up again... was instant.

Signup. Email arrived to confirm, clicked that, got the Welcome email. Then back to the ApiXU site to login, and there's all the keys.

@scottgu3 I too noticed illuminance wasn't getting updated but found if I turn on the 'Dashboard Illuminance' preference in the device page, it started updating. Also, make sure you have the temperature preference turned on.

2 Likes

I tried again. Created another login, different email. Still no confirmation email. So no key. And I checked my spam, not there either.

You created an ID. Did you try to login with it? I assume it will fail without the confirmation, but who knows :smiley:

i have seen that emails from certain domain names never receives the activation email from apixu. try again with email id from different domain.

I can login ok, but no api key without the confirmation.

Logged in using google. Immediatly got a key, no confirmation email needed. Who knows what goes on.

@bjcowles I had those settings set, but going into the device and resetting them, then saving preferences seems to have done the trick. I'm now getting Illuminance and Temperature updates. Score!

Thanks for the tip, this behavior was quite frustrating!

I do think It's reinforced my thought that I need to get some sort of local illuminance sensor though!

Scott

1 Like

yeah google login connects your google account to apixu which lets you verify your "identity" synchronously so that would work ok.

seems like the illuminance and temperature was not updating because you had not selected those attributes to be published?

if yes … at least for illuminance … i should drop the ability to not publish that attribute.

No, they were selected, but for some I wasn't seeing updates.

I suspect it has more to do with skipping several version updates on the driver than anything. Best guess is that the state table of the Weather Gauge device was somehow corrupt, and by saving my preferences in the edit device tab, it corrected the state,

All iI really did to "fix" it was pull the "Publish Illuminance how frequently?" dropdown down, select the same 5 minute value that was already selected, and then hit "Save Preferences", and automagically everything updated and has continued updating as it should!

hmm … is it possible the settings hadnt been saved after the code for allowing selective publishing was updated?

That seems very likely. I jumped several versions, and to be truthful, I don't recall what my previous version was.

You released 5.0 March 10th. I installed hubitat in January, and I recall your app being the first community app I installed, so...it could have been 4.x something. So it follows that the selective self publishing wasn't set. Makes sense to me anyway!

In my case, it is very possible. I've been running v2.0.0 for over a year and decided to update a couple of days ago...just to be up-to-date.:blush:

ok … that may have been the issue :slight_smile:

Do you have a list of all the rain conditions, and there descriptions for Apixu?

Here you go.

Hi, @bangali. Thinks for this.

I browsed the apixu site with my key and tested history and forecast data. I'm able to see precip_in for recent history and near-term forecast days. Would it be possible for you to add to your driver: precip for two-days-ago, yesterday, today, tomorrow and day-after-tomorrow?

My use case is to calculate lawn irrigation needs. Thank you for considering!

1 Like

This what I need as well. My application is for watering tomato plants. I need to know if it rained the prior say before watering my plants.

1 Like

@CAL.hub & @RhettTitus while apixu provides a forecasted precipitation for the day it does not provide a total precipitation for today. so if i simply use the forecasted precipitation numbers for the day and use that to publish day - 2, day - 1, today, day + 1 & day + 2 precipitation data all from the forecast data does that work?