Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

Thank you. I will give it a go.

I'm trying to reduce my log size. What line should i comment out so I can stop the location and weather data from showing in the debug log?

1 Like

good idea. just update to the latest code and that will do it.

2 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate you putting this up on Github too. So much easier to copy the RAW then scroll though a thread. :smile:

1 Like

sure thing. hadnt expect this driver to become as popular as it has … once it did putting this up on github was the right thing to do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am probably missing something but how do we trigger automation on events with this device driver? I can't find any way to do it in RM.

so in RM you cant select the pressure or temperature to trigger an action?

I actually didn't look for those. I needed wind speed.

ahh … dont think RM supports those attributes.

if you want me to i can always add turning on/off a switch based on certain wind speed value?

Thanks, but I ended up using this:

cool. is weather underground still providing free API access to their weather data? thought that was only going to be available with paid plans.

this was the primary reason why i went to the trouble of finding the apixu source and putting this driver together:

guess you are OK till the end of this year.

Weather Switch can be used with any weather driver, assuming it produces the correct attributes.

got it … the snippet shown with the link was misleading :slight_smile:

@bangali

Does your weather DH have the alerts to support @Cobra new alert weather trigger in Message Central?

sorry not familiar with message central functionality.

No worries. Does your weather device capture weather alerts?

heres the data it uses … think most if not all of those fields are available from the driver:

https://www.apixu.com/doc/forecast.aspx

if there is something available from the api but not exposed in the driver please let me know and i will include it.

Alas the apixu does not support severe weather or alerts. No worries I can have (2) weather devices. One for lux (your device) and the other for weather alerts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how are you getting weather alerts … do you have a PWS?