Any Power Bars?

Hi.

I currently have a Wifi enabled power bar that allows me to control five devices. It is wonky, there is no customer support and I really don't trust it.

Is there a HE compatible ZigBee or Z-Wave power bar out there? Not finding anything on Amazon or Google. Buying individual switches doesn't seem economical and will take up a lot of space.

I use a Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Power Strip ZEN20 VER. 2.0 with Energy Monitoring and 2 USB Ports for my entertainment center and network cabinets.

1 Like

These guys seem to have Zwave stuff cheaper than Amazon. I have bought several items from them.

1 Like

FYI if you’re in Canada.

You can buy it directly too for cheaper as well. And they have sales sometimes. Last one I got for like 20% off I think. Actually their direct link takes you to the same place.

fleabay, but what is z-wave freq in Canada? Anywho, this is 20 USD, great deal

That zwave or zwave plus?

Interesting, I didn't know monoprice had a smart power strip. I wish my aeon power strip would get some driver love... might have to shell out $20 if there's a hubitat driver

Yea, I bought the zooz because I saw all the work going on for it.

Sorry dude, it's not plus, but hey 20 bucks is good even for a dumb surge suppressor.

I have 2 of the zooz, and when not on major sale they are very expensive.
Did you update the firmware on your zooz strips? I just did last Friday.
ZEN25 2.0:
https://www.getzooz.com/firmware/ZEN25-V2.00.otz

Looks like they don't ship to Canada.

I wasted a $25 ebay coupon on kitchen stuff when I could've gotten that greenwave strip!

I haven't had any issues with the strip. I guess I could update it.

For a Zigbee option, I have a UseeLink Zigbee Power Strip and it works well for me with a custom driver I wrote for it. Unfortunately, it seems to be out of stock on Amazon (where I purchased it) now, and if you're in the US, I can't find any models elsewhere with standard North American plugs. I also have the Zooz ZEN20 mentioned above (both the original and v2), and that works well for me, too. It seems like there aren't a ton of options here. The Aeon SmartStrip is one of few others I know of in this category, and aside from apparently being discontinued, it was less preferable than the Zooz to me because I think every two outlets were "grouped" and that was as fine of control as you got, whereas Zooz gives you control over everything (except USB). If you only need two plugs, the Zooz ZEN25 is another option, and there are or at least were a few whitelabel-looking dual Z-Wave plugs out there, too.

I think the latest firmware gives you control over the usb as well.

I don't see that anywhere in the changelog, and I don't think I've seen that mentioned anywhere before (and I'm on the latest 2.02 firmware that the "original v2.0" of this hardware supports). The UseeLink actually does provide USB control, but this is pretty rare (unheard of, I think?) on Z-Wave power strips--and most in general--from what I've seen. Luckily, I have little need for this--just thought I'd mention it anyway. :smiley:

Not as pretty or compact but at this point in time I think your best bet is to head off to IKEA.
5@$15 for a Zigbee outlet= $75, plus a $7 set of power bars, $82+tax is about the cheapest option.
And of course down the road you can separate it up into five smart and twelve dumb outlets if so desired.

Nevermind that was reporting for the usb I saw.

One of the strips is 2.0 and the other 2.3

Not sure where to look for the hardware version though.

I needed compact for my network closet it's an in wall cabinet.

Yeah, it would be nice to have the option$$$ you guys get.
Really have to pick and chose up north.