Amazon Echo Skill not working since Friday 1/20/2023

The AT&T Network is a simple flat LAN that I use for my IOT apps and devices as well as general browsing from this computer. I also have T-Mobile Internet that I use for streaming on my Roku devices. The 2 networks have peacefully co-existed for over a year and I always double-check to make sure I'm on the correct network for the app I'm using.

1 Like

Well, I am out of ideas! Tagging @support_team from Hubitat to see if they have any additional ideas for you to try. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Many thanks for your help!

I saw something similar when I switch to a static IP. Adding 10.1.1.1 to the DNS server list solved the problem.

His error log in the first couple messages would indicate that communication is fine, the access token is being rejected.

So likely an issue with the Amazon account, password, or security access.

We are looking into it. Have had a few similar reports this weekend.

Thank you for your patience while we sort things out.

4 Likes

@support_team Yesterday PM the Amazon Echo Skill began working again. I have no idea what fixed the problem. If anyone knows what the problem & fix was, please share it here.

1 Like

Had to delete off my hub as still in error one of many issues that still are not resolved

Thank you for the update. That indicates the problem may have been on the Amazon side. But we are still investigating to make sure the problem wasn't on our side.

1 Like

My guess is that someone at Amazon realized that they unplugged the server instead of the candy machine :rofl:

3 Likes

Or they let the guy keeping the server running go in their job cuts!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. Thank you for the update. Hopefully, it keeps working reliably.

Itโ€™s Amazon, so who knows anymore. I think they have been hard at work trying to monetize Alexa because lately sheโ€™s always trying to sell me something.

2 Likes

YES! The "By the way..." has been getting more aggressive I think. I just yell back at it to shut up and just do what I told you to do. Maybe it will get the hint (probably not but its fun anyway).

2 Likes

I found out recently that "Alexa stop by the way" will get it to stop for a while. It responds, "OK. I'll pause notifications for now." I don't know how long it will last, but I'm going to cherish every minute of it.

1 Like

Awesome, just tried it and it says "I will snooze my suggestions for now"

I could setup a rule in RM using echo speaks to send that command once a week, I just tested saying it a second time and it responds the same so no harm in sending it too often.

You can also go into the notifications section of the alexa app, select amazon shopping, and turn off "receive personalized recommendations based on your shopping activity." Not sure it stops 100% of the stuff but seems to work for me.

As of right now mine is still not working, I may try deleting the app in HE and retrying.

sys:12023-01-23 05:50:52.540 PMwarnReceived cloud request for App 135 that does not exist, path: /device/144 from 3.238.189.115

sys:12023-01-23 05:50:47.447 PMwarnReceived cloud request for App 135 that does not exist, path: /device/144 from 34.201.218.186

Yes you deleted the app in Hubitat but the Skill on Alexa is still trying to talk to your hub.
You need to disable the Alexa skill and then re-authorize it.

1 Like