Amazon Echo Skill not working since Friday 1/20/2023

Ahhhh this has been driving me mad for a few days now (actually, more like driving my wife mad who then in turn drives me mad...)

I've been trying to debug this one for a few days and just now I am certain my problem is Amazon itself.

Weirdly if in HE I remove or add devices to be exposed to Alexa I get Alexa notifications on my phone that the devices are added or removed.

I tried removing the device I'm having grief with (I only actually use one HE device with Alexa, a virtual switch) and adding it back - I get notifications of this just fine, but the device is unresponsive it says and it doesn't work at all.

Its got to be Amazon --> HE cloud issues hasn't it?

Obviously I can't see the Hubitat cloud or Alexa cloud to look at logs though...

Actually, think I've fixed it.

I noticed my C7 said it couldn't reach the cloud when I click on the speech bubble top right. No idea why that would be, it was fine and happy, the network tests (as described above) worked, DNS resolution was fine....

I tried a hub reboot.

Its back, its working, Alexa is working.

Weird.

1 Like

My Alexa recently started acting up. The commands work but the Alexa response is always "That device is not responding".

Any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.