Amazon Echo Skill not working since Friday 1/20/2023

I have disabled/re-enabled the skill both within Alexa and Hubitat numerous times and Alexa continuously fails to connect to my devices. It had worked just fine for months prior to 1/20/2023.

Hubitat is on the latest release and both Hubitat and Alexa are otherwise operating as expected.

Is there anything in the logs?

Is your HE able to get to the cloud? One quick way to check this is to go to settings > network setup > network test and do a ping test to 1.1.1.1

1 Like

By any chance, did you recently change the network configuration on your Hubitat hub from DHCP to STATIC? Sometimes, users forget to enter in the DNS servers explicitly, which causes a loss of Hubitat Cloud Server connectivity.

Using DHCP on the hub, with a reserved IP address on the router, is the preferred configuration, IMHO.

In any event, maker sure your hub is able to successful connect to the Hubitat Cloud server.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-01-22 075736

Can you confirm that name resolution is working on your Hubitat?

That ping test doesn’t do that.

1 Like

No changes made prior to service disruption. After service no longer worked, I updated the habitat device to the latest update. Update didn't resolve the problem.

Do you have any other cloud integrations that you know are working? Or is this the only one you use? Just to keep us honest you might try overriding your DNS settings...

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 8.01.40 AM

Have disabled /re-enabled the skill in Alexa numerous times. Have also done it within Hubitat.

Yeah sorry I went back and read your original post and saw that. When you re-enabled the skill did it make you re-authentciate to HE?

Yes

Can you try another PING, please? Try pinging alexa.amazon.com as shown below to see if the hub can reach the amazon clkoud server by name.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I looked through posts of similar issues and we've tried almost everything. One last thing that did appear is a database issue. It's a bit of a stretch I think but you could try doing a backup and a restore. That will cleanse the database.

Just deleted/disabled the skill both within Alexa and Hubitat and then reinstalled/re-enabled the skill in both. Still not working - other ideas?

Just the one - database backup and restore. I think if that fails we should call in the big guns!

Will try that & let you know how it goes.

Completed the Backup & Restore, then re-enabled the Amazon Echo Skill but I'm getting the same results - devices remain unresponsive.