Can't connect to Hubitat C7 (previously mis-labeled C5) (solved)

Wemo drivers can be overly chatty causing crashing of the hub to. As an experiment, remove the wemo drivers then upgrade to the latest version (2.3.4.124) (alexa amazon skill errors shouldn't cause a lockup). I mean the worst that happens is that you roll back again, the best that happens is either you eliminate the wemo chattyness as being an issue or confirm it.

Instead of removing the driver, you could also just disable the devices using it. If it has an integration app, disable the app also.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/user-interface/devices#disable-device-drivers

1 Like

So you are saying that the error logs about the amazon built in app has nothing to do with it but its all wemo devices fault, which the logs show no issues with, and that last update where problems started is not an issue as well?

I'm saying in order to diagnose things you need to play process of elimination.

I understand but makes sense to start with the ones that are showing problems first such as update and built in amazon app which I have done today. Rolled back update and deleted built in amazon app. So will see how things go

Not sure if this is related to your issue, but other people are having problems with Amazon integration.

It is...If going back to previous version stops the problem, we encourage folks to do so while we further investigate the cloud issues.

2 Likes

So followed directions from support and that made things worse, updated to current version and reloaded database. Deleted amazon app as that went immediately into error. Now some apps refusing to work and presence is not working. Random firing of devices, lights turning on uncommanded and door unlocking uncommanded.

Oh forgot to add, hub locks out. So in order to ensure safety of my home ill have to unplug hub so it doesnt randomly unlock my door

Our suggestion was to stay on previous version, which you said it has corrected the problem. If you are referring to a private message with our platform engineers, be sure to provide your feedback in that message, so they can further assist you.

1 Like

Sorry, I did but no further followup. So not sure what is going on

I am going to throw this out there, I don't know if will help anyone with this same issue.

I think there was an issue in my router. I think it got fixed by detaching the Hubitat, power cycling the router, then reattaching the Hubitat.

The router power cycle forced a rebuild of it's internal "these devices are currently connected" table.

Also, several asked if I had a static or dynamic IP address. I left the Hubitat set to dynamic (get IP address from router.) Then made an entry in the router reserved IP address table.

My router now always assigns the same IP address to the router.

Mark.

1 Like

Took a while but it seems one of the built in apps was causing me the issues. I ended up uninstalling some and rolled back update powering down. Once powered back up i updated again and then only added back 1 app. I had planned to add more devices slowly but was told that at 30 that was to many, so ill keep it there and add hoe assistant to my setup. But doing above it has been working ok. Ill add home assistant to my home to shed some devices from hubitat and add my others. But fir time being it has been stable.

Several on here have way more than 30 devices. What type of devices are these?

2 Likes

What?!! Who said that?

2 Likes

Agree with others that this is misinformation. I have 284 devices.

Company support where I purchased was told that I had to many by someone from hubitat I assume.
at that time 29 devices. I to believe that this is not right but what i was told and so far keeping it below 30 has been stable. I certainly dont have any elaborate on hubitat. Anyways ill leave it at that and run more sensitive devices such as security and thermostat on home assistant.
Thanks to all who have provided troubleshooting advice

30 devices of what kind? Zwave or zigbee is fine for a bunch of devices. Wi-Fi or cloud based devices with some hacked together custom integration is another story and could overload the hub. In that case using another system like HA to integrate and the. push updates to HE would take a lot of the load off the hub.

1 Like

Huh? I have over 200 devices. There are people here with wayyyyyyyy more than that. Average if I would have to guess is around 100.

1 Like

It’s unlikely anyone that works for Hubitat Inc. said that.

As others have demonstrated by sharing the number of devices they have connected to their hubs, that’s simply not an accurate statement.

1 Like