Aeotec Siren 6 is FINALLY here

If I knew how I would.

Just do a find and replace to change physicalgraph to hubitat.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Just need to find the driver... I'm googling now.... no luck so far.

So pretty brilliant, but it still throws multiple opens and closes.

Found some info on these contact sensors. Seems lots of people experience the same thing. One guy put something together to ignore if gets double messages within 500ms. See below.

The device sends 2 types of reports which is why there's a duplicate event so just comment out the createEvent line in the NotificationReport section.

If you're using the ST z-wave door window sensor handler then commenting or deleting lines 157 - 185 will solve the duplicate problem.

4 Likes

You are the man! It worked!!!

Thanks so much for your help man.

1 Like

The problem with generic drivers is that if they comment those lines to fix the duplicate issue with Ecolink they'll end up breaking the open/close reporting for other devices that only send that type of report.

Gotcha.

They should probably develop dedicated drivers for the Ecolink devices moving forward....

Yes, they should.

I've been using a custom user driver on mine for so long I forgot I fixed this in my driver .... Lol

What driver are you using?

One I made.

I make almost all of my own zwave drivers (typically use mostly in-box zigbee drivers though), as I always seem to need access to a parameter or command not exposed by the generic in-box drivers.

That, and I get annoyed when there is weird data in the logs. Something like double reporting bugs me, so I fix it.

Oh cool.

Would you be willing to share your EcoLink drivers?

Any specific models you are looking for driver for? I may/may not have one... I only have a few ecolink devices, so it isn't like I have made drivers for the full product range.

Just the contact sensor.

Hubitat could easily modify the built-in driver so that it checks the model and doesn't create the event if it's the Ecolink device so maybe they'll do that.

Would be nice.

As for now I’ll have to use the modified smartthings driver. It appears to be working.

Just got mine. Can't wait to play with it.

I’m using tone 30 for open and closes of doors.

Tone 1 sounds just like my door bell.

1 Like

Newbie here. Where is Kevin's list (before I pull the trigger on the HE)? TIA

1 Like