Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch

They are end of life at this point, replaced by the more expensive, more annoying to install nanos...

That what I thought. Was a great item though, I've been using them for years.

For anyone looking to replace or add in new energy plugs, I do recommend the Dome On/Off Outlets with energy monitoring. They work right out of the box, sync right up and the correct driver is preselected by the hub. All the attributes show up in webCoRE too. Makes it real easy to trigger pistons based on power values.

I've been using mine with the Aeon Outlet driver; it reports energy fine. Am I missing something?
Just for laughs I tried it with the Aeon Smart Strip driver; it reports power (as long as you refresh it periodically).

The Aeon Smart Energy Switch has power and energy monitoring. I use the power monitoring to trigger events. The energy monitoring on this device just tells you the Kwh used, not sure if I can use that to trigger an event. The power drops to 0 when the device is off.

Try using the Smart Strip driver with the master On/Off; seems to be reporting power for me (though I admit I've never made use of the power/energy features). It needs periodic refresh but seems to report current power state.

That's what I was seeing, I had to run a seperate piston just to 'refresh' the values. So the values could be behind by 5 minutes. Sometimes it wouldn't even refresh. This setup just wasn't reliable.

With the Dome sensor it reports in real time (like the Aeon did on the 'other' hub). Now I can trigger my pistons based on the current 'Power' values. Usage: if ‘dryer’ power if less than 5w then Push ‘Dryer is finished’

Like Mike said, the Aeon will work fine for on/off applications but not for 'power' values. Mine will stay in the leftovers box for now.

I can't get the device recognized by HE, the light is flashing blue, but HE won't detect the switch. How do I add it manually using the Smart Strip driver?

Guess I need to try the Dome sensor. Man, another $70! :frowning:
It would be easier if Mike would just make a driver for the Aeon. lol :smile: At least easier for me.

Make sure it has been properly excluded; that may prevent the include succeeding. It's been a while since I paired mine but as long as it gets discovered by Hubitat, you can then change the driver (on its device page) to whatever you want without re-pairing. I forget how mine was initially discovered (it might have just been as a generic device) but I just changed the driver to Aeon Outlet and have been using it that way ever since.

1 Like

I paid $27 a piece for the Dome on Amazon with free Prime shipping. Not too bad.

I have to say too. I've replaced almost all of my older z-wave stuff with z-wave plus outlets (Dome and Inovelli) and it's made a huge improvement in reliability. I have over 80 z-wave plus devices and things are running great.

Looks like the price went up to $34.97 for the DMOF1.

This is the link I purchased from, still $27 :slight_smile:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1BY4KQ

OK, Amazon is playing tricks, I swear when I click that link it comes up as $34.97. What the heck is going on?

Check different sellers....I'm using 'Dome by Elexa'

EDIT: I just noticed I am getting a discount because I have a business account. Didn't notice it until I looked at the screenshot. Sorry!

ah, OK.
"Dome by Elexa" isn't even option for me.

2 Likes

Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS work relatively well using Zooz power switch driver. They are very similar in many regards.

I am very curious to why HE doesn't find it important to have a driver for this specific device model since many people seem to have acquired a lot of them. It can be a serious deal breaker for some people. What is the cost of writing a driver for these devices VS the gain in CRM? I wonder...

1 Like

A year later: What's the best driver to use for the Aeon Labs smart switch if you need energy monitoring?

1 Like

Zooz power switch, in my experience and humble opinion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.