Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch

I can't get the device recognized by HE, the light is flashing blue, but HE won't detect the switch. How do I add it manually using the Smart Strip driver?

Guess I need to try the Dome sensor. Man, another $70! :frowning:
It would be easier if Mike would just make a driver for the Aeon. lol :smile: At least easier for me.

Make sure it has been properly excluded; that may prevent the include succeeding. It's been a while since I paired mine but as long as it gets discovered by Hubitat, you can then change the driver (on its device page) to whatever you want without re-pairing. I forget how mine was initially discovered (it might have just been as a generic device) but I just changed the driver to Aeon Outlet and have been using it that way ever since.

1 Like

I paid $27 a piece for the Dome on Amazon with free Prime shipping. Not too bad.

I have to say too. I've replaced almost all of my older z-wave stuff with z-wave plus outlets (Dome and Inovelli) and it's made a huge improvement in reliability. I have over 80 z-wave plus devices and things are running great.

Looks like the price went up to $34.97 for the DMOF1.

This is the link I purchased from, still $27 :slight_smile:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1BY4KQ

OK, Amazon is playing tricks, I swear when I click that link it comes up as $34.97. What the heck is going on?

Check different sellers....I'm using 'Dome by Elexa'

EDIT: I just noticed I am getting a discount because I have a business account. Didn't notice it until I looked at the screenshot. Sorry!

ah, OK.
"Dome by Elexa" isn't even option for me.

2 Likes

Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS work relatively well using Zooz power switch driver. They are very similar in many regards.

I am very curious to why HE doesn't find it important to have a driver for this specific device model since many people seem to have acquired a lot of them. It can be a serious deal breaker for some people. What is the cost of writing a driver for these devices VS the gain in CRM? I wonder...

1 Like

A year later: What's the best driver to use for the Aeon Labs smart switch if you need energy monitoring?

1 Like

Zooz power switch, in my experience and humble opinion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.