AduroSmart ERIA Smart Home Wireless Motion Sensor

Thanks for the update. That does stink though, oh well.

I formally requested an enhancement. Not holding my breath.

It's devilishly hard to block that darn led. I cut out a square of aluminum HVAC tape and used that to cover the indicator but some of the light gets up into the chamber that houses the motion sensor and you can see it through the sensor window. It will be interesting to see how noticeable it is at night.

I've added support for the bulb, and the dimmer switch controller will have a driver in 2.0.7
Buttons are numbered from top to bottom with supported functions of:
pushed on buttons 1 and 4
pushed, held, released on 2 and 3
note: this button controller does not support the battery cluster, so there is that, however it's way more attractive than the hue dimmer in my opinion.

I have a motion and the contact sensor coming...

1 Like

You beat me to posting that you got these working. :blush:

Excellent! Thanks!

1 Like

I add my thanks as well!

Dedicated motion and contact drivers will be in platform 2.0.7
I've emailed them for an engineering contact as well as a sample of the 4 button scene controller.
There is a custom cluster on these devices, hopefully their engineering contact will be willing to disclose any custom commands and that exist in them.

2 Likes

Now I just need to convince them to sell in australia. :frowning:

U.S. gets all the goodies. SAD FACE!

Unfortunately, it looks like there is no way to disable the annoyingly bright green LED that flashes when motion triggers the device. I wrote to their support folks and received this response:

"Hello Eric,

Unfortunately, there is no way of disabling the blinking light. It will blink when there is motion detected as an additional signal. I am very sorry for this inconvenience. Please let me know if there is any additional help I can provide for you.

Best Wishes,

Ulises Maciel
AduroSmart Support"

Meh, might or might not be true on the hardware end, no one goes through the trouble of implementing a custom cluster without purpose...

They sell their own hub, so its possible they may be stingy on releasing details to us,

They're advertising the gear as being able to use with other hubs though, so hopefully they'd want to share more details to make it work. :man_shrugging:

I like the motion sensor, it reacts pretty quickly. If I could only get rid of the Green flash . . .

White electrical tape?? Probably the only way atm, at least until mike can pilfer their hardware secrets.

Tried that. I have aluminum HVAC tape over it with two layers of white Brother label tape over that. The problem is there is a gap that allows the light up into the chamber where the sensor lives and then it's visible through the sensor "window".

Really? Man I can picture the frustration on your face after all the tape is on and then... WHAAA?

Ah well, hopefully there is something in the hardware that can be tweaked.

1 Like

All the standard certified zigbee functionality works as it should, there's nothing missing in that regard.

So AduroSmart got back to me (nothing on the engineering side), but they are sending me some bulbs and the 4 button scene controller that should be available for sale very soon...

1 Like

Anyone else having problems getting anything besides "pushed" to work on these? Holding buttons 2 or 3 doesn't generate "held" or "released" events for me, no matter how long I keep them down. This is happening for me with two different switches on two different hubs. For all buttons, they generate a "pushed" event, apparently when they are phyiscally released, and that is all.

Hubitat did choose the correct driver, but I clicked "configure" anyway just in case, and it's still doing the same. (On a related note, the "refresh" method throws an error if you click the button; appears to not be implemented.)

Try resetting it and pairing it again.
These can't be refreshed, I'll get the refresh command removed...