AduroSmart ERIA Smart Home Wireless Motion Sensor

I will post the photos in just a moment.

My first impression - the device is much smaller than I expected. It is similarly shaped to the Ecolink but it looks like it got hit with the shrink ray. It's barely bigger than the recent generation SmartThings sensors.

So far it appears to me that it reacts very quickly. I definitely seems faster than the Aeon multi (but that's not saying much).

The instructions told me to insert a pin in a hole to pair it but Hubitat picked it up as soon as I put the batteries in it.

This is what comes in the box

!

The battery compartment cover on the bottom of the unit.

!

The included mounting bracket engages a slot in the back of the unit.

Eria in my hand next to generation one SmartThings Motion.

Eria next to Aeon multi.

Eria next to SmartThings standing up.

!

Eria next to Zooz ZSE29 The Zooz looks huge.

!

Loading the two AAA batteries Polarity wasn't obviously marked.

Eria next to recent generation SmartThings Motion Sensor.

Eria next to Zooz ZSE29.

I haven't had much experience uploading photos so apologies for this.

You can see the size when side-by-side. The Zooz just dwarfs the Eria. The generation one SmartThings is more square but they are similar in size (that's the one where I am holding the Eria in my hand - that SmartThings sensor is on the front porch about 7 feet over the steps to the porch). The Aeon and the newer SmartThings are just a tiny bit smaller. You can see a comparison of the SmartThings in the corner of the living room and then the Eria in the same position.

You can see the little mounting bracket they include, although I expect to mount mine with a little double-sided tape.

1 Like

You Sir are amazing, thanks for sharing so much so fast on this device.

Looks like a very nice motion sensor, the form factor may help it hide in certain areas better than the box type ones.

Shame it doesnโ€™t look like it does temp too. At $25 itโ€™s the same price as the newest ST sensor which does temp. Speed and temp are good on it, my standalone thermostat next to it show the same temp.

I also like your counter or table, very similar to mine :blush:

I am very interested to see the battery life. Is that a CR2 in the SmartThings? I have those in the Aeon recessed door sensor and they tend to last. I like being able to use "ordinary" AAA batteries IF they get fairly good life out of them.

Yes, CR2. I got a box of CR2 and 123s free when I turned some UPS batteries in at the local battery store.

Using the USB with Aeon 6 is nice, but they are expensive.

The ability to use AAA does sound nice and painless though.

My Aeon sensor is merely OK. It is pretty slow. It faces the entry door of my shop - about 10 feet away. I can open the door and often get all the way to my bench before the light comes on. The SmartThings Motion sensors are much better - they respond very quickly.

Right now mine are sitting in areas that donโ€™t need speed. I do need to check and maybe update the firmware and try the Csteele driver.

Mine were installed and included with the USB and I keep them there. I heard doing that provides faster speeds.

That Eria sensor needs temp and Iโ€™d buy those over the new ST just based on using AAA.

I think they could reduce the cost if they cut down on their fancy packaging! :blush:

1 Like

One thing I don't like about this motion sensor is that it has a fairly bright LED that flashes when it is triggered. There is nothing in the documentation about configuring it to be inactive. I may send them an e-mail to inquire. Meanwhile, some strategically placed tape is in order.

Thanks for sharing the update, hopefully there is a way to control it

I just sent an e-mail to AduroSmart's support team to ask if there is a configuration option to turn the indicator off. I will let you know what I learn.

1 Like

They got back to me pretty quickly (that's always nice). They indicated there is no way to disable the blinking LED indicator. I will have to go the tape route.

Thanks for the update. That does stink though, oh well.

I formally requested an enhancement. Not holding my breath.

It's devilishly hard to block that darn led. I cut out a square of aluminum HVAC tape and used that to cover the indicator but some of the light gets up into the chamber that houses the motion sensor and you can see it through the sensor window. It will be interesting to see how noticeable it is at night.

I've added support for the bulb, and the dimmer switch controller will have a driver in 2.0.7
Buttons are numbered from top to bottom with supported functions of:
pushed on buttons 1 and 4
pushed, held, released on 2 and 3
note: this button controller does not support the battery cluster, so there is that, however it's way more attractive than the hue dimmer in my opinion.

I have a motion and the contact sensor coming...

1 Like

You beat me to posting that you got these working. :blush:

Excellent! Thanks!

1 Like

I add my thanks as well!