ERIA Wireless ZigBee DImmer

Tagging @mike.maxwell as he now has one of these to test with.

There was another thread that covers these and I gave Mike the fingerprint but he said there were going to be issues with them.
https://community.hubitat.com/t/adurosmart-eria-bulbs/10337

there MAY be issues, I won't know until I get to pairing the thing...

Correct, you said MAY, my bad.

The manual mentions either a Touch Link pairing or a Zigbee 3.0 hub pairing, so I'm guessing the issue is whether they only supported the former? I got it to pair to Hubitat via the second method, though the first time it got stuck on "Initializing" and I was worried. Not sure what I did differently the second time. :slight_smile:

I've had no trouble with the HE (hub) pairing: I reset using a simultaneous push of the two middle (arrow) buttons until the green LED flashes, followed by invoking pairing mode by holding down the off (circle) button until it blinks 3 times. I invoke pairing mode while HE is searching for new devices.

By the way, thanks for the initial code! Is there a particular reason you commented out the "Pushable Button" capability (or is that related to the thread titled "Hubitat's button implementation")? I can confirm that using the driver does register button pushes. But, the dimmer does not appear as an option in the Button Controllers app.

Mike got these working. He just sent me a message with:

OK, bulb works I added the fingerprint to the generic zigbee bulb driver.
The dimmer switch also works, the driver for that will be in 2.0.7

More details are in this thread if anyone searches and comes across this one first.

1 Like

Cool. Thank you!

Thank Mike, he did all the work, I just sent him the devices. :yum:

1 Like

I installed one of these and it is using the built-in driver from HE. I put a tile into the dashboard for the battery hoping that when you press any of the buttons that it would report the battery.

Unfortunately it is only showing ??% in the tile for the battery level. Will this device show the battery? There is only one application in the Data area on the device page of 06.

I saw this in the zigbee logs.
LRN ERIA Remote2019-07-01 21:01:45.903 profileId:0x104, clusterId:0xfccc, sourceEndpoint:1, destinationEndpoint:1 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:255, lastHopRssi:-64

what battery level does it show in the driver?

@mike.maxwell The driver page does not show a battery level at all.

yeah, remembering now, these can't report battery levels.

I have three of them. I'm very happy with them as they behave very well with my system. Every once in a while, I get a flashing light and delayed reaction which is fixed by resetting the fixture's dimmer. I think it is due to power glitches. overall though, they are miles ahead of the Sylvania Lightify ones I tried.

Dang, another one we won't know the battery is low until it's dead.

Be warned that, in my experience, they also take about 5-10 seconds after a hub reboot to send their first button press, so if you just applied a hub firmware update (or rebooted for any reason), you might think it is dead the first time you try it. :slight_smile: I'm hoping the battery lasts a while in these. I'm hoping the battery will last quite a while--I have some Hue Dimmers from when they were first released, probably about 4 years ago, and I have yet to replace a battery in one. Hopefully this one will be similar.

it should be, they only transmit when a button is pressed.

Surprised more people are not using these since it's like a Pico without the need for a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro. Are there any down sides to these besides no battery power reporting?

Yes--they only send a released event after a held event, and you have to hold the buttons down for what seems like forever (around 2 seconds) to get a held. In my experience, this makes them frustrating for use with "hold to dim"-style dimming. A Pico supports two configurations on Hubitat, one of which allows pushed and released events for a regular button press, so you can, for example, press and hold buttons 2 or 4 on a 5-button Pico to dim while held and have it respond much faster.

Some people have also found the Eria to have a delay if they haven't been used for a while, but I get that with Picos too after any hub restart, so they're about equal in that regard. And if you get a lot, the Pico is actually cheaper (Pro Bridge = $100, Pico = $13, so 11 would cost $243; for comparison, 11 Erias would be $20 * 11 = $220, with one or so more you'd about break even, assuming full price for all).

2 Likes

Thanks for commenting. I wondered about the performance of these myself. I don't really like the look of them personally,. They seem like they are better in some ways then the old Lutron Connected Bulb Remote, of which I have 6 still in use with my Hue Bridge. In other ways they remind me of the Hue Remote, of which I have only, one and don't really like it very much. But I do keep them all in use for one very important reason...2am database maintenance. I would be sleeping on the couch if I put a Pico in my bedroom or the bathroom as the sole light control. Wish there was a better answer than this, but I haven't found one.

For a device that supports pushed, held and released this is the correct order of operations, most hold operation timeouts are built into the device and can't be changed.

I don't recall the hold on these being 2 seconds, but I could be wrong.