AduroSmart ERIA Smart Home Wireless Motion Sensor

I have seen some mention of the ERIA dimmers and bulbs - has anyone experimented with this Zigbee motion sensor (https://adurosmart.com/products/adurosmart-eria-smart-motion-sensor-hub-required)? HD is apparently carrying it, their price is about $30, and it uses regular AAA batteries. I don't see it on the Compatible Devices Wiki . . .

Their web site mentions:

"WORKS WITH:

• AduroSmart ERIA Hub.
  • Other ZigBee platforms such as Samsung SmartThings.
  • Amazon Echo PLUS (no hub required)."

Mike Maxwell has the remote switch and bulb only right now. Their compatibility is probably pretty low on the list, but he said he will look at it.

I don’t think anyone has purchased the motion sensor, but if they did they should post the fingerprint of it. They may just work with the generic driver though.

At $30, they are pretty expensive. I couldn’t find if they do temp also. They aren’t smaller in comparison to other motion sensors. If they dropped the price they might be lucrative to get.

I have one on the way from Amazon. It was $24.99. Doesn't seem out of line. It does appear to be a little larger than the recent SmartThings motion sensors. I'll post a comparison when it arrives and also provide Mike with the fingerprint. Thanks!

The Amazon price makes them more appealing for sure, but nothing to go crazy about. The AAA battery can be plus though.

Please let us know your experience with these!

I am interested if they do at least temp also. If not, the ST motions sensors seem to be the best (cheapest, smallest, fastest) Zigbee motion sensor now that you can’t get the Iris ones

I wish I could get my hands on several more of the first generation SmartThings motion sensors. They are great. I don't know what I will do when the one on my front porch finally dies. These also have the option to power with USB. I suppose I should keep a search active on eBay . . .

Eric,

Which driver are you using for the ST 1st Gen Motion Sensor? I have one as well, powered via USB. I am using the Generic Zigbee Motion sensor, however it does not report temperature. I am hoping you might know of a better driver. On ST I was also able to know if it was running on battery versus USB power.

Dan

No, I am just using the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor driver. The setup page shows a StateVariable for TempOffset but it's set to zero and there is no temperature shown. I didn't even know these had temperature capability. I have a Sensative Strips Comfort also on the porch primarily for temperature. I just use the SmartThings motion for motion. It's been out on the porch for years now and it keeps working, it has long battery life, and it reacts quickly.

1 Like

Can one of you share the model number of the Gen1 ST sensor that supports USB power? I’d like to pick one up to play with.

I have later versions of the SmartThings Motion Sensors in my office and living room and those both do show temperature. Both using the Generic driver. They are: model: 3325-S, manufacturer: CentraLite.

1 Like

I will have to get up on a ladder to see what it actually says on the unit.

The data captured by the driver says: model: PGC314, manufacturer: SmartThings.

Thanks no rush, would be nice to have another USB powered option other than my Aeon Multis. I really like the new Samsung sensors, motion, and temp seem very fast and accurate.

If the Eria work out for you, that’s another decent priced option.

It's the "Original Model" in this document: Which SmartThings Motion Sensor model do I have? – SmartThings Support

The Eria is supposed to be delivered Wednesday. We'll see!

Here's the label from the back of the ST 1st Gen Motion sensor. It's a little blurry, but the model number is STSS-IRM-001.

1 Like

Thanks! Saved me a trip up the ladder!

Thanks Dan! Didn’t have any luck trying to find these to buy online, have to keep an eye out for them.

@Eric.C.Miller very looking forward to hearing how it goes. More, good, cheap, and reliable sensors are high on my list.

Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor 81EE

Save

Manufacturer: ADUROLIGHT

Product Name: Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor

Model Number: VMS_ADUROLIGHT

deviceTypeId: 117

more...

manufacturer:ADUROLIGHT
address64bit:00158D0001A6D51A
address16bit:81EE
model:VMS_ADUROLIGHT
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:01
endpoints.01.manufacturer:ADUROLIGHT
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0003,0500,FFFF,0001
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:0104
endpoints.01.application:01
endpoints.01.outClusters:null
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:VMS_ADUROLIGHT
endpoints.01.stage:4

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Have you tested functionality yet?

I just unboxed it. I have some pictures I will post.

It seems to join fine using the generic driver.

It's reporting 100% battery now since I hit configure - I am guessing.

I don't see a temperature value (they make no claims about temperature capability).