Add Confirmation prompt to any template?

Hi, I know that certain templates have a confirmation prompts (garage door) but I have a couple other devices that I would like to have confirmation on my dashboard before I allow the state to be changed.

Is this possible?

1 Like

Not at this time. Will add your request to the feature request list.

1 Like

Thanks, I would also expect one may want to make a specific tile protected by a pin code,

One other request to add if you have the list going,
Dashboards can be protected by pin codes, you should allow usage of the pin codes that you set up within "lock manager" and thus dashboard or a specific tile is instead protected by a pin code account (or multiple).

Thanks for the additional items to add your request to as several others have also asked for these things.

We do not provide ETAs or guarantees that features will be implemented, however, we do appreciate the requests.

1 Like

Adding my vote to request the ability to add an "are you sure?" dialog box to devices other than locks. I have a couple of "switch" devices that I use to trigger actions that I would hate to see happen by mistake. One of them activates the controls for my boat hoist to lower it down into the water. The last thing that I'd like to see happen is for that switch to be triggered by a wrong touch and the boat be lowered into the water while I'm not home. Would not be a good outcome.

My fix in the meantime is to place that control in its own separate dashboard to minimize the chances of hitting that tile by mistake.

2 Likes

+1 this requested feature

2 Likes

This would be really slick.

1 Like

I found a good workaround for this. Create a virtual lock (without a code) and then create a rule that triggers when the lock is unlocked. The virtual lock has the feature of asking the question "Are you sure?"

3 Likes

I agree. I have been following this for a couple of years and devices with touch screens are a lot more prevalent (I'm using one right now). The chance of hitting a button or switch in error has increased substantially. I have employed my share of duct tape and band aids to work around this. It was standard in industry. If it is a reasonable request, then having the option on a tile or dashboard to require a confirmation for an operable device has my vote.

1 Like

is there a way to add this to a template yet

I don't believe so, but I would suggest one workaround would be to take @jeff15 's idea a step further....Setup another small, very simple dashboard that has the tile on it you want to work with, e.g. the switch or whatever it is you don't want to trip accidentally. Then back on your main dashboard launch this simple dashboard as an iFrame, using something like the Community developed iFrameAdvanced driver.

This is an example where I launched another dashboard from a tile, hopefully you will get the idea, but happy to walk through it in more detail if you are interested.

This is another request to please add this feature!

I am using my tablet as an alarm system panel and would like a panic button on the dashboard, but I want it to require confirmation, or at least require a long-press to activate.

I was thinking about this recently as well. I came up with the following, but it's not what I wanted.

Another vote - a Dashboard 'Switch' with Yes/No, I see that there are workarounds, but as a beginner they are too complex for a starter