2.2.9 no longer can modify simple automation rules

After the update when I try to modify one of my Simple Automation Rules it just takes me to a blank box with the gear icon.

Clicking on the gear icon takes me to the details but I cannot change anything from there.

For a split second I can see a green loading circle in the box but then it’s just blank.

You updated from 2.1.8.117 to 2.2.9.128, right?

Yes

It seems that you'll need to first update to 2.2.0, which took care of re-configuring Simple Automation Rules, and then update to 2.2.9. 2.2.9 doesn't do it directly, We'll have a way to download 2.2.0 from 2.2.9 in the upcoming hotfix. In a nutshell, the upgrade path will be:

• Update to 2.2.9.129 (not out as of time of writing).
  • Download 2.2.0 and switch to it using diagnostics tool on port 8081.
  • Switching will boot the hub using 2.2.0.
  • Switch to 2.2.9 using diagnostics tool on port 8081.
  • Switching will boot the hub using 2.2.9, and you should be all set.

This sounds a bit convoluted, but that's the best upgrade path, it seems.

2 Likes

Sounds good, is there an estimated time frame for the hotfix?

Stuck in applying update. What to do? (Rev C-7)

Things to try, in that order:

• Reload the page. The page may have been put to sleep by the browser and update may be complete, but page doesn't reflect it.
  • Go to find.hubitat.com and see if hub is on a different IP address.
  • Reboot the hub from the diagnostics tool on port 8081 and try update again.

So rebooting via 8081. reloading the update and applying...

This worked. 4 hubs. 2 updated with no issues. One kept getting file download errors, and one stuck in applying status. Normally they all work with out issues. All done now. Thanks.

It is live in 2.2.9.129 update. You can download 2.2.0 by going to http://your.hubs.ip.here/hub/advanced/download220 page. It will take a few minutes, and there's no progress indicator, but eventually it should say "success". Once it does, please go to the diagnostics tool on port 8081 and switch to it. Check that Simple automation rules works while in 2.2.0 before switching to 2.2.9 again.

1 Like

Followed the steps but it doesn't seem to be working. I am getting an error 404 child app not found. Also in the "Add Built in App" there are now two simple rule automations neither of which work. When clicking on one of my apps now it shows "unexpected error"

Any ideas? I ended up just rolling all the way back to 2.1.8 to get things running again.

Maybe not ideal but have you considered just recreating your simple automation rules? Given they are simple, I’d hope it wouldn’t take long to do.

(Obviously it just working would be better, but if there is no quick solution)

The entire simple rules machine is not working otherwise that would be a workaround.

Have you tried deleting the entire app and recreating it?

See the PM I sent you.

1 Like

I stopped digging when going back fixed most the issues. Ill check my Pm

All legacy rules are blocked from editing. 2.2.9 is garbage! I can no longer access my Pico remotes and .140 broke all my dashboards! It is a nightmare !

I went from 2.2.8 to 2.2.9 and lots of things are broken now. No editing of old rules, the dashboards no longer load and my Pico remotes no longer work. The mobile app is also now broken as well.

If you can stick with one thread to discuss the issues you’re having, particularly one in which staff have already asked for follow up info, you might be able to get a quicker resolution to your problem.

2 Likes

There was a general 2.2.9 but I am having problems finding it.