2.2.7 Zigbee OTA updates

Here's what I see after the second update:

• endpointId: 01
  • firmwareMT: 1233-D3A2-0000001F
  • softwareBuild: 00000031

Also, @mike.maxwell, I can reliably reproduce a series of 100->200->100 battery reporting flurries by clicking Configure on the device page. Happy to pull any info or more detailed logging that would be helpful.

1 Like

Yeah, after running the update again on both my contact and motions sensors, I'm seeing exact same as what you posted for both sensors...

FW ending 1F, and SW = 00000031

what does the device report steady state for battery?, meaning when you don't hit configure?
I'm going to be pissed if the firmware breaks battery reporting, as the changes I made to correct it were given to my by Third Reality in the first place...

Ugh, now I don't recall if the battery thing was an issue for motion too (I think it was?), but my motion battery is reporting accurately post-update.

Just the contact sensor battery went off charts again after update.

I don't have any 3R moisture sensors, so I unfortunately can't confirm what those are doing.

It eventually landed on 100% 3 out of 5 times (meaning it was 200% twice).

I also have a ThirdReality Smart Button connected to Hubitat; no firmware update available on it and it's reporting 88% which sounds about right for that specific one.

My contact sensor and motion sensor are both showing 200% now.

Prior to the firmware update, the motion sensor was reporting 76%, contact sensor was 69%

awesome...
can you post the data section from the motion and contact sensor?
I'm looking for both the firmwareMT and softwareBuild values.

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell I have another TR Motion Sensor fresh out of the box with an older firmware version (not showing in the data, SmartThings CLI couldn't get it either) that is reporting 88% currently. I won't update that one.

If you'd like, I can test out any driver updates your team comes up with (willing to join the beta group if required) and do some A/B testing with a device on older and latest firmware.

I can do the same if it is helpful. I have two contact sensors but only updated one of them.

probable fix for the new firmware "fix" will be in the next release...

5 Likes

Don't tell them, or they'll publish another new firmware version with yet another new behavior just to keep you on your toes.

3 Likes

.135 seems to be reporting correctly for me, FYI.

1 Like

Same here - motion sensor and contact sensor now both reporting correctly. Thanks Mike!!

1 Like

Looking for help in updating zigbee bulb. I have the upgrade file, but the update firmware on the device is not working.

Zigbee updates are handled by the hub after the given file has been published by Hubitat.
Its not possible for a user to use a local file for this.
What is the device and where did you get the update from?

manufacturer: LEDVANCE
model: BR30 RGBW

There a way to get a file published?

@mike.maxwell can publish it for HE updates if he confirms the FW file is legit.

I really really wish you guys would reconsider this. You allow it for zwave. Why not allow it for zigbee also?

1 Like