2.2.4 Release - Congrats to the HE team!

If you are having stability issues, have you tried installing "Hub Controller" and scheduling a daily Services Restart? (not reboot)

I'm running mine pretty hard (I think) and I've found this makes for a rock solid system. Especially when running some less than well written apps.

@bravenel, I'm seeing this error from the Amazon Echo Skill app since the 2.2.4.139 release (currently on 2.2.4.141):

I just realized that temperature units (C or F) aren't showing up in Alexa. These are virtual temperature averager devices (the app you wrote) and Hue motion sensors from the remote hub. Could that be the cause?
I'm also seeing the following error on every one of my scenes:

Upgrade to .141 and see if that solves the issue?

Sorry, I should have included that I'm on 2.2.4.141. I'm wondering if this has to do with Mesh Devices synced from the remote hub.

I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet, but the skill is working without errors on my stand-alone C7 on .141.

1 Like

It doesn't seem to have noticeably affected anything though.

You guys are having all the fun while I am still on 2.2.3 waiting to have spare times to join in!

2 Likes

At this rate, everything will be fixed and there will be no fun left to be had, so you better hurry.

1 Like

I installed the Xxxx.2 hotfix last night a few minutes after release.

Immediately on reset it was obvious it had knacked my (extensive?) obsessive collection of nodemcu's. I use them for custom CH system, 240v AC thermal actuators, temp/humidity sensors, 240v AC motion sensors, contact sensors, floodlights etc.

On reboot first thing I heard was the zwave boiler switch firing up the boiler. Randomly the radiators (which are thermal actuators connected via 3v relays on one pin of a nodemcu) were turning on, which triggers the boiler (webcore rules). If inturned one off, another (or the same) would activate seconds later.

Rolled back, problem solved. Urgh. Thanks for the early catch. Was the critical error something that could quite easily have caused these issues for me ?

1 Like

Thanks, been doing reboots for over a year(C4), The c7 is too unstable, and I can't even pair a ring extender or Iris plug 3210-L. Funny thing is, it can be fine for weeks, then bam, major issues, usually linked with a PAN ID change by the hub, but not always. I done the "no 3rd party drivers/aps", rebuilding mesh with30min shutdown, adding a ton of repeaters.
Long story short, I'm not alone

I know you had major problems with your C4, but I don't remember working with you to solve any problems with your C7. The experience you are describing is not expected nor do we have many similar reports. If you'd like us to further look into what might be causing problems with your C7, please PM or send us an email.

5 Likes

Bizarre :slightly_frowning_face:

But I would say you are in the minority.

So I am genuinely curious why this doesn't work for you, but it does for others, me included. I have just started to move from a C5 to C7, and these were the first things I tried. And they didn't have any apparent issues.

1 Like

Same, I have a daily service restart and weekly hub reboot and my C7 is super responsive.

Tbh I could probably change the reboot to monthly.

Ps 2.2.4.143 works perfectly for me. I’m not sure what changed but my hub is now even faster.

3 Likes

So I was literally installing an Aeotec Door Sensor 7 and having trouble when the .143 firmware update landed. After update, no issues!!! Perfect timing..

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I've got the Aeotec Door Sensor Gen5 and find that every time I upgrade the Hub FW it shows up as "Failed" until I open and close the door. Then it's fine.

I'm wondering if that is due to me using a Generic z-wave contact sensor driver?

1 Like

I thought I'd just found a bug .... but after investigating a bit deeper I discovered my C7 is running perfectly, it's just Netatmo having service issues. :relieved:

2 Likes

In case folks just arriving didn't see, 2.2.4.143 is out, as has been already been noted above. This release replaces 2.2.4.142 which was pulled due to a gnarly bug as well as a generally bad attitude.

1 Like

I'm going to wait to see how snappy my system is tomorrow morning on 2.2.3. It had been slowwwww 2.2.4 mornings, so I reverted back today.

Chicken! :wink:

Good comparative test. A day + overnight on 2.2.3 vs. 2.2.4.

I'll be on the edge of my throne awaiting results. :slight_smile:

1 Like