2.2.4 Release - Congrats to the HE team!

I definitely found 2.2.4 slower than 2.2.3 until 2.2.4.143 was released, now it's faster across the board.

The Dashboards, on mobile in-particular, were really sluggish.

Not an image I'd want to dwell on.

It's been massively slower last few days in the morning. Like open a door with a contact sensor and wait 30 seconds for the light to go on.

or didn't turn on at all in some cases - I just assumed a bug in Motion Lighting as none on my RM automatons were impacted (until .142).

That too, for me.

Heh heh heh...too late, you'll never unsee it!! :smiley:

3 Likes

For me the devices were working (I checked), but it was ML that wasn't - so far ML has been flawless and very fast on .143.

Yeah I have both the 5 & 7. Was migrating over from my C-4 to C-7 this afternoon. The 5's all wanted to pair S0 so I had to use the Z-Stick to get them included with no authentication. This also happened with my Aoetec Doorbell Gen 5 (Siren Only).

2 Likes

Mine are running in S0 without issues (aside from the one noted). It's mildly annoying there isnt a proper HE driver for it seeing as the Gen 7 version is natively supported.

1 Like

Yeah but they are overly chatty that way which could be a concern.

1 Like

Does it need to be a 500 stick to join them w/out SO, or a 700? Or both?

That's a good question. I do have both but have always used the Z-Stick out of habit. I assume you could though as auth doesn't traverse controllers - is my understanding.

1 Like

I’m still on 2.2.2.129 :flushed:. Safe to update to this? On a C-5

I have 5 z-wave sticks on my development pc at all times.. Some 700 some 500.. In PC Controller it makes no difference.

3 Likes

Yes I think so.. I just updated my clients "garage" C5 with it and seems to be working. Also updated mine (C5) as well but I don't have any devices on there yet - soon to be my zigbee controller.

1 Like

I'm on a C-3 and it seems fine so far

1 Like

Yeah my C4 seems to be okay as well. Am getting a little UI lag but nothing crazy.

Bryan, I’m confused. I seem to recall a post by you (I’m sure I could find it if I looked hard enough) back when the C-7 was first introduced and people were complaining about the (then not completely functional) S0, S2 pairing process options, in which you stated that the SI Labs Z-Wave stack for the 700 chip forced Hubitat to have exactly the process and limited security pairing options that the C-7 uses.

If that’s the case, how, then, can the 700 chip, running in a Z-Wave USB stick on a different (PC) platform, provide different security pairing options? That’s why I bought both the SI Labs SLUSB001A and an Aeotec 500 Series USB stick (that didn’t support S2).

Because they are not bound by the same requirements for controllers.. It doesn’t use the same SDK that hubs are required to use. It still uses the same serialapi based control that the C5 and below used.

3 Likes

Also isn't there an issue (meaning it doesn't work) with security passing through to the primary controller from the secondary? Or is that just the S2 stuff?

:point_up_2: Secondary inclusion controllers can include non-secure and S0 but they have to pass S2 to the primary for completion. And this is a path we had not designed for, and wasn't a requirement for certification.

4 Likes