2.2.4 Release - Congrats to the HE team!

That's why they pay them the big bucks. :wink:

No matter how bad it is, no one can touch what a company I worked for in the past released in a Windows app. A line in the code that read:

• delete star.star (editor won't let me use the symbols)

If the right conditions existed that command would run in any current directory the customer was in while using the app. Yeah, not so good. :wink:

So I'll take the light show any day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I installed 142... {sweating} on all my hubs (2 C-4s, C-5 & C-7)... I did notice a non-responsive zigbee device but thought that was due to the rebooting. Everything seems to be working fine right now. No light show for me..

Should I rollback?

Check logs for null values...I had devices that weren't reporting properly, but nothing had blown up. I rolled back...don't want to wait for something worse to happen. Just rolled back FW version, everything came up fine.

You want a real light show, when Vera released FW7.30 the hubs would reboot at the faintest network / internet issue and get stuck in what we dubbed xmas tree mode. The hubs where unusable till you manually power cycled them (frequently multiple times till it'd actually boot). Roll back wasnt even an option as they'd restructured their storage partitions rendering it incompatible with FW7.29.

And to top it off Vera went radio silent for 4 weeks!!! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

But look at the good side...now you're here with us. :wink: We can all remember the bad old days on ST and Vera and Wink and... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it's actually working now so will look through the logs anyway just in case. Not seeing any issues so far.

Don't blame me if your doors all unlock and your lights blink and your sirens blare and your dinner tastes like old shoe liners. I warned you! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I'm not complaining - HE is paradise, even with the occasional hiccup. :nerd_face:

I've never run a cloud hub ever - While I own an ST v2, I bought it 2nd hand on FleaBay for $50 AUD for the sole purpose of updating the FW on my Zen Thermostats. It went straight into storage as soon as that was done.

2 Likes

I installed it on my two C-5 hubs. No issues with hue, but now all of my first alert zcombos say low battery in homekit, but 100% on the device page. @tonesto7 I don’t know if it’s this or the latest homebridge app update. I did them back to back like a moron. On the plus side, apparently homekit can tell me when batteries are low :grinning:

EDIT: it must have had something to do with the .142 release, because it is fixed after rolling back to .141.

Are you integrating HK via the Maker API? if yes, then that is why it's broken.

I'M SORRY BUT I BROKE YOUR TOY - crying peter parker | Meme Generator

4 Likes

No, via @tonesto7 s new app. It works quite well so far. I have it installed on both hubs.

1 Like

That is perfect. :wink:

This comes to mind as well for some reason - substitute "FW bug" for "spider." :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, everyone should roll back from 142. It is truly dorked. We know what did it, and a fixed release will come tomorrow.

10 Likes

:+1::+1: That's a good sign. :slight_smile:

More importantly, do you know how to test for it so you don't do it again? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well... My ST hub is humming along for almost 3 years now, And even with the nonsense with the big platform change, my automations on ST have been working flawlessly. I spend 10x the amount of time troubleshooting/fixing/re-pairing stuff on HE.
I had very high hopes for 2.2.4, and now I'm looking into Home Assistant, as I need time back in my life. We'll see if HA delivers

HA taking LESS time??? LOL. Good luck!

Seriously, maybe it will just "click" with you and run perfectly, and take no time. That isn't my experience though.

4 Likes

Yes we do. It was a small, but crucial error that went unnoticed at first.

4 Likes