[2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive

While mostly the rules associated with the contact sensors, I think others got involved too.

are you using sunset and sunrise as your dusk to dawn or a specific time?

That was an issue at one time that was fixed.
It's just weird that things clear up when I remove the battery and then replace it.

System provided Sunset and Sunrise.

Just because it was "fixed" doesn't mean it necessarily doesn't have an issue still. As a test maybe try changing to a specific time for a day or two.

Sunset, with offset, is working fine for the rules that use them. Maybe in the future.

I'm gonna see if the exclude/include did anything. Maybe keep an eye on radio details to see how the contact sensors deteriorate.

gotta go

Agree on switching sunset to sunrise to specific times for a day or so and see if issues persist...would at least confirm that there aren't remaining issues w/Sunset to Sunrise automations. They may work, but could be leaving issues behind. The more things ruled out, the closer we get to banning @velvetfoot.

:wink:

Oops...I meant solving the problems. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah.

I just got 6 Xfinity zigbee sensors delivered (XHS2-UE). Might hold off a while on those.

1 Like

I'm gonna see if the exclude/include do any good and, as I said, monitor the device settings page. Maybe @bcopeland will see something that can be fixed.

1 Like

If those are what I think they are, they are rebranded Visonic contact sensors - that's pretty much all I use and I really like them. Sleek and small, and have been very reliable/trouble-free for me.

Visonic Contact Sensors:

Since they are zigbee they aren't going to interfere w/your Z-Wave stuff, I'd go ahead and add them to your hub. I'd even suggest placing them in the same spots and confirm they report reliably/quickly. I expect they will (as long as you have a decent Zigbee mesh).

1 Like

Not the same. Pretty small. Takes a CR2450 battery. Price was right.

I like the brown plastic cover on the Ecolink. The external contacts are nice as well.

Ah, I guess they sold (at least) two different types...I've purchased some Xfinity-labeled contact sensors that were the Visonics.

Just need a little paint... :wink: But if you need the external contacts that does limit you.

its not something with the sensor itself.. i had the same issue on 2.2.4 if you check the logs. the sensor is triggering but the automation fires but it appears the mesages are not getting to the light that you want to turn on or it gets there late like there is something deeper down in the mesh causing issues.. as mentioned 2.2.3 works fine..

1 Like

These are my observations as well.

But why would removing/reinstalling the battery (seemingly) make a difference? The mesh getting gunked up somehow, maybe by the sensor? I really don't feel like replacing them with zigbee sensors, especially since they worked before.

1 Like

Well, I noted that the light was on in the closed panty. That's odd. Wouldn't react at all. Exercised a few time, finally started working again. This is on a rule that's been pretty solid til now. I didn't remove battery.
And there is an ecolink contact sensor involved.

Though at some point it may become a pyrrhic victory (and/or sisyphean task) if it takes 6 months for you to figure out and solve the issue. :wink:

My go to contact sensor right now is the ring v2.. It’s 700 series, and fast.

I recently replaced all my contact sensors with this one

1 Like