[2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive

Wait, aren't you the one who recommended the Ring Range Extender... :wink:

Yup.. mine are working great... I have 6 of them in key positions designed to maximize line of sight hopping

2 Likes

I wish my devices would play with mine...he's so sad and lonely. :wink:

2 Likes

I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread other than a show of support. I have never wanted to see Solution Checkbox show up at the end of a thread as much as I have had for this one.

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Just to make it clear, the problems I had that lead me to starting this thread have long been solved.

So to paraphrase the illustrious Bill Murray, "We got that going for us." :wink:

2 Likes

And there you go, @stephen_nutt. :wink: As usual, @bcopeland has the right answer.

2 Likes

Not solved for me. @bcopeland , see anything with the Ecolinks contact sensor now in your possession, or are we just going to blame Ecolink and call it a day?

I have seen some inconsistent reporting.. It's a little early to say for sure yet, but I think it's fixable at the driver level..

4 Likes

I meant solved for @velvetfoot . No offense @danabw

3 Likes

Oh I know, and I want him to find a solution too. I was just being incredibly funny. :wink: Shoot, now you're looking at me the way my wife does when I'm maybe not being incredibly funny...

2 Likes

I wasn't looking at you that way but I definitely know the look. It's the "you are as funny as a bottle of milk" look

2 Likes

@bcopeland Logging turned on.
(Not sure why the almost .2 second delay for the virtual door switch to open.)
(Could the double reporting be a factor?_

Initial Delay (lights off on door open):

Battery out/in, snappy:

Virtual devices have some delay, but for me it's typically around 40ms. Do you happen to run Hubitat Watchdog and run the virtual device test?

No

I noticed that of all my devices, only the contact sensors have a number after "out:" in the clusters column of the zwave report.

Woke up to snappy world. Let's hope it's a trend.

I just fired it up. It measures temperature! I didn't expect that. It's in F, which I like, but there must be a way to change parameters to C because one of the parameters in the driver is what delta T, in C, for a report (default is .5C).

While probably more suitable for windows, I think I could make it work for doors.

I'm gonna take a walk to the end of my driveway (it's snowing), and see if it can make it out to the mailbox.

edit: Wow it works. Don't know how long it would last with that small battery though.

Yeah, all of my contact sensors do temp as well as contact. I would have assumed the Ecolink would too. Most of us use Zigbee for doors/windows 'cause they are faster and "just work." I had GoControl and I think a couple of Ecolinks when I first started w/ST, but replaced them all w/Zigbee sensors (Visonic) over time.

I have one sensor on an outside gate on one corner of my house, and two others outside on the other end (electric panel and shed) and they all report back w/out issue. I have a good Zigbee mesh w/plug repeaters supporting it.

I'm in SoCal so no snow (but I can drive an hour or so and have some part of the year!) but it can get down to the 30's in our "Winter" and my outside contact sensors using a 2032 go for many months, but usually not years before needing replacement.

i like the ecolinks as they are narrower.. cheaper batteries and easy to swap out for a new one if you want as it has a little slide in attachement you mount instead of the sensor itself..

1 Like

Hey, thanks a bunch. I don't think the sensor would stick to the plastic mailbox right now with ambient of 22F, but I could warm things up...

I was first impressed with the range of the ST arrival sensor, which reached out to the gate, also with a little battery.

Temperature as a bonus really tickles my fancy. I see a sunset to the Ecolinks in the future.

But, I'd still like to get them to work. 6 of them weren't exactly cheap.