[2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive

Let me know if you need any help with getting it to work but that should be all you need to get it rebooting. The switch also gives you a quick way to do it from a dashboard, reboot from Alexa or Google also.

1 Like

I'm not getting anything when I try just the RM method.
I'll try ogewon's switch.

I don't know if it means anything, but putting 192.168.1.245:8080/hub/reboot into my browser directly just gives me an error.

+1 for that app...super easy to set up a timed reboot.

1 Like

@velvetfoot If you have hub security enabled use the rebooter app @anon81541053 posted. If not I'd use the driver so you can call it from other stuff besides just a schedule. You could use both I guess if you don't have hub security so you get the best of both.

What does rebooting do versus shutting down and pulling poser for a minute?

Pulling power resets the zwave radio. Pulling power for more than 20 minutes causes the zigbee devices to go into panic mode and redo their routes or something like that.

I don't have security enabled, and I successfully rebooted from a HTTP Momentary I put on the dashboard. I think I'll go with the app for now; I can always reboot from the Settings page.

Did you choose "restart hubitat process" or reboot?

Since @gopher.ny asked for a reboot, I'd do that.

1 Like

okie dokie

It’s working hard to manage all those emoji on your device and automation names.

2 Likes

Absolutely...my brain just freezes up. :wink:

Actually I suspect it's all the cameras.

11:50: Slow again. 13 second delay. It's like it goes to sleep when I go to sleep. Previous reboot doesn't seem to have worked. Good night.

Successful programmatic reboot at 4:00AM.
6:30AM: Slowww world. 8-10 seconds delay in both upstairs bathroom and basement
Tried disconnecting lan cable and power to router and modem: no effect
Plugged cables back in and exercised basement door: basement started to go fast, upstairs bathroom still 8 seconds delay.

Interestingly, the log doesn't reflect an 8 second delay:

Also interestingly, the basement logs DO show a 9 second delay:

The delay is not shown on closing but is on opening!
(door close and open trips lights and fan)

Sounds like a device on the route may be going to sleep and needs to wakeup before repeating, or that a new route is being discovered and then at some point becomes invalid.

While trying to get the upstairs going again, I paused several of the simple rules. I had to make several additional as a workaround to the delay off on open not working in Simple Automation 1.1, which is supposed to be fixed. It got fast again.

I'm liking SA1.1 as the perp.

Are your contacts Ecolink? We've seen various reports of slow response when Ecolink contact sensors are used. Mind sharing the make and model of devices involved?

Yes. The contacts are Ecolink.

Contact sensors: Ecolink DW-ZWAVE2.5-ECO
Wall switches: GE ZW4009
Wall motion switch: GE ZW4006

One of the rooms I'm having an issue also involves Ecolink zwave+ contacts and a GE zwave+motion switch (all of my problematic automations at this point involve some combination of Ecolink zwave+ contacts and GE zwave+ switches, but various types of switches involved).

Through multiple iterations of automation, I'm only able to invoke the "delays" when the contacts are actually used (I've used the Device Groups apps to simulate open / close events virtually). The contacts always update their contact status immediately in device pages and dashboards. Non-zwave automations related to the Ecolink contacts always work (I have a zigbee and zwave light in one automation... the zigbee autiomation always works). For this same automation, I removed the zwave+ switch entirely, and "mirrored" the zwave switch as a slave to the zigbee master. Even like this, when the contact is actually used, the zwave device "delays." I have also used multiple drivers for the zwave motion switch in this mix: no impact.

Everything works normally until the contact involved in the automation is actually used, then the zwave switch involved always "delays."

One of the automations I've been having issues with suddenly worked normal this morning: it involves an Ecolink contact and GE zwave+ Dimmer switch. I haven't touched that setup in two days...