I have a C5 hub that appears to have gone through the 2.2.3 update. Upon restart, it is discoverable in the portal and gets me to the hub's "Home" screen where you can click Dashboards, Apps, Devices, Settings, etc. However, when I click on any of these links the browser times out.
Then I close the browser tab for the hub's "Home" screen. On the portal browser tab I click the hub's IP address and now I get NO Home screen. The browser times out.
I have power cycled the hub...about 20 minutes after the update.
Upon power cycle, I click on the hub IP address from the portal which opens a browser tab that shows the hub starting up (progress bar, 10%, 20%, etc...) It starts up and presents me with the home screen.
Once at the home screen, all of the links time out. I have even tried different browsers, Chrome & Safari.
By "power cycle" do you mean unplug and plug back in, or reboot from the settings menu or the hub's diagnostic port yourhubsIPaddress:8081? Pulling the plug can result in database corruption. You can roll back to the previous build by going to the diagnostic page where you will see the following options:
copy your hubs MAC address and paste it in to the login. You can restore from here and then see if you are able to access the hub to update it. You may also want to do a soft reset and restore a previously saved database if you have been pulling the power to reboot.
The only thing I see popping out in the logs is wrong time - the hub thinks that current time is somewhere before 5/25/2015. That prevents hub from connecting to the cloud and figuring out which account it belongs to. If 2.2.2 works, I'd say keep using it for now and let us collect more information on the issues that crop up with 2.2.3. We do our best to reproduce and fix them as they come up. Right now, I can't say for sure what's broken.
Just as a data point, my C5 updated just fine and seems to be working good. It did take a slight bit longer than normal to do the update itself, but I attributed that to the large number of changes. The reboot after the update didn't seem abnormal in any way.
I had the unresponsive/slowdown issue with one of C-5 hubs, but not the other C-5 or the C-7. Here's what happened along with what resolved the issue (edited from a PM sent to someone):
I've had a tough time updating my Hubitat C-5 that only has zigbee devices (mostly Xiaomi - admittedly unsupported). The z-wave radio was disabled on this C-5.
After the update, the hub slowed to a crawl. The Xiaomi devices threw an error. But all my zigbee devices (even the ones on the compatibility list) were unresponsive or very slow to respond. So was the web interface.
So I rolled back to 188.8.131.52 - everything worked fine again.
Repeated the process of updating 184.108.40.206. Same problem again. This time, I decided to download the latest backup, do a soft reset and restore the backup. Hub remained excruciatingly slow (device response and web interface).
So I rolled back to 220.127.116.11 for the second time - everything worked fine again.
Then I updated to 18.104.22.168 a third time. Same issue again. This time, I used the Diagnostic Menu (8081) to shutdown the hub. Disconnected power. Powered it back up again. Same problem (extremely slow device response and web interface).
So I rolled back to 22.214.171.124 for a third time - everything worked fine again.
On a lark, I decided to enable the z-wave radio and then run the update to 126.96.36.199. After the update, everything worked perfectly.
Since then, I've disabled the z-wave radio, removed power, and booted up again. Everything still works fine. So, for whatever reason, this platform update put my zigbee-only C-5 into a funky state if the update was applied when the z-wave radio was off.
I have the z-wave radio disabled on one of my C-5 hubs and both hubs updated without issue. I ran Hub Watchdog on both about 15 minutes after the update and the times were .101 and .103 (virtual switches), and both hubs continue to be very responsive.