Upset users more likely to post- Please take poll to indicate IF issues with the latest update 2.2.3

OK I jumped in too, but it all fairness it was my apps hub, not my device hub. That still has about a week of wait time. I base my wait times on the build number change. The bigger the change the longer I like to wait (before 1st doing apps hub, then more wait, then device hub).

If your one that tends to get "upset" when things go wrong.... maybe you should consider waiting a bit???

5 Likes

Agreed!

6 Likes

All of the complaints seem to be with the new C7 hub. Have any users of the C3 and C5 hubs had problems?

No issues here on my C-3, C-4, or C-7 hubs.

1 Like

Wouldn't the upset users be more likely to respond to a poll as well?

Yes. One of my C-5 hub's had serious issues with the update, which were resolved more by luck than a methodical approach.

And @Evilborg has documented issues with his hubs as well.

Thanks. Then I'll wait a while until they issue a hot fix or two.

4 Likes

Yup and I also informed @bobbyD of them as well.

1 Like

I agree

BTW below is the "formal" definition of mad. I'm not upset but I might be mad.

1 : arising from, indicative of, or marked by mental disorder โ€”not used technically

2a : completely unrestrained by reason and judgment : unable to think in a clear or sensible waydriven mad by the painmad with jealousy

b : incapable of being explained or accounted for a mad decision

1 Like

Ha! You guys all just blindly loaded a new release of code onto the core of your home automation system on BLIND FAITH that EVERYTHING would work perfectly?

3 Likes

Lest we forget that important paragraph from the Terms of Service to which we all agree when registering our hubs:

c. Customer acknowledges that the Hubitat Platform is under continuous development, is not complete or otherwise at the final stage of development and that Hubitat makes no representation that the Hubitat Platform is error or bug free. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Hubitat Platform may experience unscheduled downtime and agrees that Hubitat shall not be liable for any harm resulting from unscheduled downtime. Customer acknowledges that Hubitat has no obligation to provide support for the Customer's use of the product.

1 Like

I tend to be cautious about updates. If it was just me in the home, I'd live with workarounds or problems if they occurred. Others here depend on stable automation and consistent day to day routines, so it's more important to be fairly confident nothing will jump out and surprise me. I'll be holding off for a while. I am looking forward to moving to the C7 down the road, but I'm glad now that when I switched from ST, I didn't wait for the C7 release and start with it. I'm confident in the product and have faith everything will be resolved.

I did not update my hubs yet, nothing for me to update to. My C5 hubs are working, so my don't break them attitude is working fine.

4 Likes

Genius at the Einstein level. Best advice ever.

3 Likes

Except that NOT upgrading might not be possible.. let me refer you guys to this thread..

:rofl:

2 Likes

I guess that's possible too. But you know the routine, people more likely to post about a problem, in general.
I made the title a little "click-baitey" to hopefully get more responses, and a more balanced reply pool, not consisting of only people with issues

So you're saying I have "issues?!" Well let me tell you... :wink:

1 Like

There is no 12 Step program equipped to combat that.

1 Like

Issues? I have a subscription!

1 Like

Ok folks, it's seems clear to me that most had no problem. I'll leave the pool up for the rest of the day, c'mon over and take a swim, er uh I meant poll, and will be closing it later tonight.

This is what I had hoped to see, as I know how easy it is for negative sentiment to take over, just look at our epidemic of TDS.

4 Likes