2.07 New dashboards

I copied all of this:

Pasted it into another dashboard and boom it replaced all of it.
In my haste I thought it was like a style sheet, not the entire configuration of the dashboard.

I guess you copy out the individual elements?

1 Like

Right, so the customColors section is what you want to copy and replace in new dashboard. Otherwise you are moving everything.

1 Like

ooooooh nice I missed that. Just so much to play with now.

Would it be possible to add an option to allow more than 1024 and accept any slowdown that might occur? I have a custom weather device that provides a summary attribute and a forecast attribute and I have no control right now over how many characters they are but my dashboards have stopped displaying.

Patrick,

Can I request this feature please?

• Change the color of the tile based on the input of (say) volume or illuminence?
1 Like

Thanks for the request. It's been noted. Short answer is probably not anytime soon. There are better ways to tackle this than that much data into an attribute tile.

Already noted. Thanks. Not an easy ask, but it's easy to add it to the list.

1 Like

Needing a bit more help with this trackData warning issue. Is trackData specifically an audio thing, such that I should be looking at Alexa or Sonos type devices and apps for the cause if it? I am getting the 3 warnings every 10 min and each time I open any of my 2 dashboards. Ive tried disabling user devices, but nothing stops it. Should I be looking at Apps as well? or could this only come from a miscreant device handler?

This will be fixed in the next hotfix. Blacklisted attributes were inadvertently reporting as also over the size limit. There is no log warning for blacklisted attributes.

If you use the built in Sonos driver, this has trackData.

Not able to have a custom icon for 'on' and 'off' state in Dashboard - please consider support for different icons per state of the tile/device with definable separate colour, rather than per device template or messing around with backgrounds. I know this is architecturally awkward.

1 Like

I just updated hub and I have this problem too. X and close do not work on the edit tile window. They do work in the gear icon. Safari on Mac OS Mojave. Also, all my dashboard names are gone on the tiles that link to other dashboards. I tried changing font size down to 10 but that didn't seem to help.

On this one, I tried to change the hand icon to something that doesn't conflict with my arrows, but it doesn't change. And why are three of the numbers so dinky?

Wait-- the icon changed now. But the font size issues remain. Why are the icons always off center?

Just perfect. There are just a few things that I would like to have:

• "Tabs" on the left side of the dashboard name (Home in the photo), where you can switch between dashboards. I had to add 2 tiles so I can move to my Lights or Door & Windows dashboards

• Icon customization for the the HSM Status tile

• A way to remove/customize the tile name on a per tile basis. For example, I don't want "HSM Status" showing on the bottom of my HSM tile, Ecobee on my thermostat tile or "Dashboards" on the dashboard tiles.

• For custom icons, it would be nice to be able to choose a different icon for each state. I have switches set is garage doors with custom icons but I'll either have the closed door icon or open one at all times.

• Customization options for the clock. Different font and size for the date and for the time.

• More options for light icons.

• Icons separated by categories instead of being all together

That's about it. Congratulations on the release. I think this release is so huge it should named Hubitat 3.0.

1 Like

@thiago, what template did you use for your door locks?

Looks like the regular "lock" template.

1 Like

Yep. Just figured out how to hide the text. His didn't have it, so hence my inquiry. I found what I was looking for in Options. All good now.

2 Likes

Initial fooling around. Not very cohesive, but there's a lot to play with.

2 Likes

Please allow dashboard links to have custom icons too. I'm really liking this update.

3 Likes

How do you rename a dashboard?

From the child app on apps page:

Select the dashboard you want to edit and you will see the name which can be edited along with other advanced options.

Thanks

1 Like