2.07 New dashboards

Anyone else having issues with refreshing image links? Each image has a 10 sec refresh.

Initial load:

After 10 secs:

EDIT: For those asking how I get the images for my cameras, they are Hikvision cameras and they have URL's which render an immediate jpg image. I use the Image tile and set the background image to each URL. I don't go directly to the cameras, instead I proxy those through a PHP script which is on the internet and is authenticated by a get request and tells the script which camera to pull an image from. Here is the script: Hikvision Camera Snapshot Auth Proxy · GitHub

Wow - a major difference to the old dashboard. Many obvious improvements. I look forward to exploring further. Many thanks!

1 Like

Is there a way to change the tile labels instead of using the hubitat device name?

You can set labels in the device itself. You can not override the label in dashboard.

How do we change the color of ON switches from the default rather sickly mustard color?

Gear icon, top Right...

Select Template from the horizontal menu and find the device in the list.

is it correct that it shows just a clear or blank box for the color prior to setting it to something else? shouldn't it show the existing setting which is mustard?

or you can turn off default colors in gear, options image and just get a neutral color for all tiles and use the icon change.

its an improvement, but I've accidentally set the font color to black. how do I set it back to null?

There isn't a way to remove a color without editing the advanced Layout JSON or just deleting that state and starting over for that template.

I just set it to white for now. im nervous about what will happen when I click remove this state. does it give you the option to add it back?

Yes, it just removes that customization for that state. Can easily then reselect that state and change the colors or icon as you see fit.

So far, so good. I like the new look. Mostly just been playing with dashboard. Was playing with labels and had IOS lock up, but it was self inflicted and came back right away.

I removed the state, but it removed it for the dimmers, bulbs and switches that I had also set up with the same new background color. seems buggy.

Also the color picker is finicky, it takes a good number of clicks or waiting before it will 'take" the color. im on Safarii on a Mac.

is this the right forum to report bugs?

im getting these in the log every 10 minutes, no sense of what may be causing it. something I have 3 of no doubt. app3 is Hubitat Dashboard

42%20AM

Is this what you're looking for?

Do you have a dashboard tile of type attribute and what you’re trying to display in that tile is greater than 1024. Reduce the number of characters to 1024 or less to solve your problem(s). :slight_smile:

I don't have any tiles of type attribute.

Do you have any custom drivers installed? This is dashboard warning you that something is sending a larger than 1024 characters attribute to dashboard. This can lead to other problems so it warns you.

I do have custom drivers installed but none of the tiles points to a custom driver, they are all switches, dimmers, bulbs, or fans, all from built-in DTHs.

1 Like