2.07 New dashboards

You got dat right, ^ what he said.

Anyone else have switches show up as buttons in the new dashboards? All of my Inovelli switches automatically generate as buttons and i have to go change them to switches. I have so many that it is kind of a pain. Is this the fault of the Inovelli driver possibly?

Yes, inovelli drivers use the button capability, so they show up as buttons. Not familiar enough with their drivers as to why they need it. Probably for scene control.

1 Like

Yes I use the scene portion of their drivers and it works great I just assumed it would still show up as a switch.

Dashboard takes a "best guess" based on capabilities. A switch template gets assigned to something that only has capability switch. If it has capability PushableButton it would default to a button template.

Just need to change the the template to what you want it to use.

1 Like

Yes i have changed it thats fine, just becomes laborious when you have about 20 of them.

You can also edit the layout in advanced and find and replace the template name as well.

2 Likes

@patrick I've just added few images tile to my dashboards (I wasn't using them previously) and noticed some alignment\size issue:

• If image height (due to aspect ratio) it's smaller than tile height, it stays at the top of the tile (left screenshot), while I'd expect that it would stay in the vertical middle like horizontal (right screenshot):
    Tile Image%203

• If I click on an image, then it's displayed fullscreen, but I'd expect to see the full image with black\obfuscated borders if aspect ratio is different, instead it's "zoomed" to width (in screenshot you can see that Italy it's cropped at top and bottom while original one posted above includes all the country) and I'm unable to move around it too
    Image%204

Thanks

EDIT: I've just checked now on my Android phone and second issue isn't there, they are shown correctly. So seems that it's just something on desktop Windows 10 with Chrome 73

Thanks. There will be some improvements to the popup to "contain" not cover the popup. It actually slipped out in 2.0.8 but was scheduled for 2.0.9

The image also will be following the same logic for centering and being contained in the tile / div.

2 Likes

@patrick
I've found another small issue on thermostat tile: seems that modes (at least heat) are sent to the driver with a space at the beginning. I've solved it quickly adding a trim() to my driver, but I think it should be better to have it fixed on Dashboard side.

As feature request, should be possible to have a custom color for "off" mode too? Actually I cannot immediately distinguish between idle in heating mode and idle in off mode.

Thanks

1 Like

Technically there is no off state value in the Thermostat capability

thermostatOperatingState - ENUM ["heating", "pending cool", "pending heat", "vent economizer", "idle", "cooling", "fan only"]

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Driver_Capability_List#Thermostat

The closest to "off" would be fan only, if you want to use that in your custom driver.

As for spaces, this doesn't happen on built in drivers, but will add trim on the dashboard side as well.

Yes, off is the ThermostatMode, not the Operating State. I agree that could be difficult to mix Modes and OperatingStates anyway..

Just tested the latest update on iOS 9, it works now! Thanks for the fix.

FWIW, when the thermostatMode is "off", the thermostatOperatingState should be "idle."

Also, I see you have chosen not to include a thermostatFanMode of "off." Technically, it is not possible to set the thermostatMode to "off" unless the fan is in "auto" mode with no automated/scheduled/minimum circulation configured - otherwise the HVAC will be off, but the fan will still run.

Other implementations of the Thermostat Capability allow the driver to disclose the thermostatModes and thermostatFanModes it supports. Generally, this would be to remove "ventilator" or "emergency heat" when these aren't present in the HVAC system. It can also be used to add modes, as in "off" for thermostatFanMode.

My own Ecobee Suite does in fact support "off" as a valid mode for both the thermostat and the fan, and it will disable the fan from running by setting thermostatFanMode to "auto" and fanMinimumOnTime to 0 minutes/hour.

Agreed, and both Z-Wave and Zigbee don't have an operating state of off, so that back validates this...

Hi @patrick
I've just found the 'History' option in the dashboard.
When the display is mm/dd/yyyy I get something like this: - 4/23/2019
When the option is changed dd/mm/yyyy then I see this.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

What version are you on? Pretty sure this was fixed but not sure if it's 2.0.9 or 2.0.8

Hubitat Elevation™ Platform Version
There are no updates available so I assume this is the latest version.
Edit: Tagging @Patrick. What's the verdict.

Well, if it's not in the latest it's in the beta, so it is fixed in 2.0.9.

When will 2.0.9 be released? It's been a while since the last update.

1 Like