2.07 New dashboards

If this is just using safari on the iPad,
Maybe try Chrome or Firefox.

I have the same issue, Hubitat config menu works, but some of the options do not. I see the different dashboards that I have created, but when I click on one, I get a white screen. I have tried Safari and Chrome. I also noticed I could not load Rule Machine. Just says Please wait, loading app Rule Machine, in both Safari and Chrome.

I am using a iPad 3. I have the latest version this iPad will allow, 9.3.5.

Hubitat Elevationā„¢ Platform Version 2.0.8.109
Hardware Version Rev C-5

Hopefully there is an easy resolution.

Chrome and Firefox won't install on an iPad running iOS 9, and you can't out 10 on the old pads.

Iā€™ve added the weather tile but no information is pulled for it?

Did you make an Open Weather Map virtual device?

Support for anything but the latest version available is very tough to maintain.

iOS 9.3 is the last version (3 major releases behind latest) for older iPads and iPhones.

iOS 9.3.x and Safari do not support CSS Grid. However, the error that is causing the white screen has nothing to do with this.

Since it is so old, it doesn't support the latest javascript arrow functions. The section of dashboard code that was using this has been fixed and back ported to support older browsers.

When this patch is deployed (most likely 2.0.9) older ipads and other browsers will support a limited subset of features for dashboard. Since grid isn't supported, it will just be a left to right, top to bottom list of tiles. It's enough for basic functionality, but position, order, layers, etc. will not be possible on older devices.

I also noticed today that when you click on a image and expands it cuts off the top and bottom of the image. I tested it on my android phone, laptop and office computer and all 3 had the same effect.

You got dat right, ^ what he said.

Anyone else have switches show up as buttons in the new dashboards? All of my Inovelli switches automatically generate as buttons and i have to go change them to switches. I have so many that it is kind of a pain. Is this the fault of the Inovelli driver possibly?

Yes, inovelli drivers use the button capability, so they show up as buttons. Not familiar enough with their drivers as to why they need it. Probably for scene control.

1 Like

Yes I use the scene portion of their drivers and it works great I just assumed it would still show up as a switch.

Dashboard takes a "best guess" based on capabilities. A switch template gets assigned to something that only has capability switch. If it has capability PushableButton it would default to a button template.

Just need to change the the template to what you want it to use.

1 Like

Yes i have changed it thats fine, just becomes laborious when you have about 20 of them.

You can also edit the layout in advanced and find and replace the template name as well.

2 Likes

@patrick I've just added few images tile to my dashboards (I wasn't using them previously) and noticed some alignment\size issue:

• If image height (due to aspect ratio) it's smaller than tile height, it stays at the top of the tile (left screenshot), while I'd expect that it would stay in the vertical middle like horizontal (right screenshot):
    Tile Image%203

• If I click on an image, then it's displayed fullscreen, but I'd expect to see the full image with black\obfuscated borders if aspect ratio is different, instead it's "zoomed" to width (in screenshot you can see that Italy it's cropped at top and bottom while original one posted above includes all the country) and I'm unable to move around it too
    Image%204

Thanks

EDIT: I've just checked now on my Android phone and second issue isn't there, they are shown correctly. So seems that it's just something on desktop Windows 10 with Chrome 73

Thanks. There will be some improvements to the popup to "contain" not cover the popup. It actually slipped out in 2.0.8 but was scheduled for 2.0.9

The image also will be following the same logic for centering and being contained in the tile / div.

2 Likes

@patrick
I've found another small issue on thermostat tile: seems that modes (at least heat) are sent to the driver with a space at the beginning. I've solved it quickly adding a trim() to my driver, but I think it should be better to have it fixed on Dashboard side.

As feature request, should be possible to have a custom color for "off" mode too? Actually I cannot immediately distinguish between idle in heating mode and idle in off mode.

Thanks

1 Like

Technically there is no off state value in the Thermostat capability

thermostatOperatingState - ENUM ["heating", "pending cool", "pending heat", "vent economizer", "idle", "cooling", "fan only"]

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Driver_Capability_List#Thermostat

The closest to "off" would be fan only, if you want to use that in your custom driver.

As for spaces, this doesn't happen on built in drivers, but will add trim on the dashboard side as well.

Yes, off is the ThermostatMode, not the Operating State. I agree that could be difficult to mix Modes and OperatingStates anyway..

Just tested the latest update on iOS 9, it works now! Thanks for the fix.