ZWAVE4008 add troubles

I have done both steps. Excluding it and resetting the switch to factory. Trying the include and re-adding without any luck.

I have 8 switches that won’t add in. How many more zwaves do I need to buy to try this again. lol

And the switches are actually powered up right? You've initiated pairing on the switch itself?

Have you tried cutting the power to all but one of them and adding just the one? I’m just wondering if there is some kind of interference happening with all four switches unjoined in the same box.

1 Like

Have you tried powering down the Hubitat hub, unplugging it for a minute, then powering it back on and trying again? That is the only way to completely reboot/restart the Zwave radio in the hub.

3 Likes

I did not see mention of the hub model? Looks like a C-8 or Pro

How is hub being powered? PoE can impact Z-Wave inclusion.
More details here: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help and here PoE and the C8 (with extensive testing)

Power the hub with the included power supply.

8 Likes

This is an important detail. Extensive testing has been done proving this is a real phenomenon. It has to do with voltage drop/sensitivity on peak/burst power usage (especially zwave radio transmission, which there is a lot of during pairing).

If currently powered by POE, PLEASE don't do the "it can't be a POE problem as all my other things work fine". Just trust us and try it with the normal power adapter.

9 Likes

The suspense is killing me here.... @cmt was it a PoE issue?

Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 Likes

If it is a PoE issue, he could add a battery inline to avoid the power dips.

1 Like

I thought that would be the issue so I turned off all the breakers that correlated to the other switches and only powered one switch on and then tried adding it in. Still didn’t work.

This is what I’m using to power it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck!

2 Likes

And as stated, that is what your issue is. Case closed.

2 Likes

Sorry what I meant to say was, so POE is causing my problem ?

Yes, for many people POE has been a problem.
It may not be yours, but it likely is.

3 Likes

I just upgraded a C-7 to a C-8 and the C-7 used exactly that POE Splitter. But for the C-8, I followed the advice found in this community and got this model:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C88THLVD

The next day, the battery I ordered arrived and I've been using it that way since.

This is my 2nd set that I'm using on the 'retired' C-7, showing the wiring AND that you can see the green glow of the LED on the hub, proving the battery works :smiley:

POE charges the Battery, the Battery powers the Hub. It's very critical that the battery is able to charge AND power at the same time, most cannot. This specific one can.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll give that a shot and see where it gets me. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Yes, that is what two of us said up above.

Use the included power supply as a test.

2 Likes

Use an AC extension cord if needed and TRY IT.

2 Likes

You tried all the easy stuff, now it's time to try the more obscure.. people have been surprised that their problems were related to the POE adapter.. you might be too, but at any rate, it's probably the best next thing to try.

4 Likes