ZWave repair/ failures on devices when repair all, but succeed if done 1 at a time

Thanks to everyone who provided information in this thread. Special thanks to @danabw and @erktrek for the PC Controller documentation! Thanks to rlithgow1 for helpful responses. There is no way I could have removed 4 stubborn ghost devices without the HE community.

I didn't even know about ghosts before starting the migration from ST to HE a couple of weeks ago. Then I kept reading about ghosts, but had no idea where to look for them at first. At one point I had 6 ghosts and was only able to remove 2 through HE. I tried many suggestions for removing through HE before going the PC Controller route.

I have a Mac, and as the instructions state, even though there is a Mac version of Simplicity Studio, the PC Controller app only runs in Windows. So I installed Parallels and Windows 11. I've always used Windows at work, but it took some getting used to in the Parallels interface on a Mac.

Once I figured out how to mount the Simplicity Studio 5 .iso things went smoothly. As I mentioned in another post there is a Simplicity Studio 4 .exe that seems to have PC Controller 5 in it so that might be an option too.

I used a Zooz S2 Stick 700. At first I couldn't get it to include on HE through PC Controller (at least 8 tries). I ended up closing PC Controller, pulling the Z stick from my computer and sticking it back in. I opened up PC Controller and was able to include without security to HE on the first try.

Each of the 4 ghosts was eliminated without incident. It was like magic! Now I have a clean Z-wave mesh and I have an entirely different system of inclusion and checking Z-Wave Details for ghosts.

1 Like

Good to hear. Post your z-wave details page in it's entirety so we can see how it looks..

1 Like

Looks very clean. Nice.

Normally you would keep an eye on things like route changes, but since most of your devices are direct you likely won't have much going on there.

Doesn't look like you have any issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.