Zwave Long Range

I assume you meant version 2.3.6, which was recently released. But regardless, where did you see that?

AFAIK Hubitat staff have never publicly announced a timeline or specific plan re: z-wave long range, although it should be technically possible for them to implement at some point.

That was true in prior releases, and in the most recent firmware release.

Anytime you’re uncertain about what’s included in a platform update, check out the release notes. Here’s the 2.3.6 release notes thread.

Edit: oh wait I see, 2.2.6 was mentioned in one of @bcopeland’s announcements in an old thread linked above. And the announcement said they were planning to enable it, not that it was already enabled.

No you haven’t missed anything. Presumably since that announcement was made, they decided to focus on a few other things that have since been released for general usage, or are currently in public beta.

1 Like

Bryan mentioned working on LR a couple years ago, so I do think it was 2.2.6 not 2.3.6...

3 Likes

I am not Bryan (much to his relief), but I fully believe Zwave LR is still coming and will even be coming "soon".

Probably not next release "soon" as that release is already in testing, but some time not too far after that is my GUESS,

On other systems I'm more intimately familiar with the code base on, the backend of adding LR support isn't that bad (though still work, of course). It is the front end crap that takes a lot of time.

4 Likes