Zwave ghost - with route info?

I have two zwave ghosts that I've been trying to get rid of for quite awhile. I've tried refreshing them, removing them and waiting a week but they still persist. They're probably not hurting anything besides my OCD, but still. :slight_smile:

I know these were created when I updated firmware on some zooz switches and had to re include them as new devices.

The one that trips me out is the one that shows a route. That one keeps saying no longer in failed node list too.

Yeah because the ghost matches an active device (which is why you see the ghost) If you know the device that created the ghosts, you can try powering that down, power cycling the hub (shut down and unplug for 5 mins and power back up) then try to remove the ghost. If that still fails, you need a z-wave stick.

1 Like

Unfortunatly I don't know which of my 5-6 zooz switches it was from. I guess I could try killing them one at a time and try the remove. Those are about my only zwave devices so I don't think I want to pull power on them all at once.

Curious as to why not?

When I use to have issues with my Z-Wave mesh in the past, I would occasionally turn off all my breakers and pull batteries from all Z-Wave devices and fix them. I had my hub and switches on UPS, which allowed me to do this.

1 Like

I t can take several tries to remove a ghostβ€”even with a stick . So if I’m not sure which device the ghost is related to, I remove power from all of the most likely culprits.

Not a bad idea. I just did that, none of my zwave devices have power. Did a refresh, and tried a remove buy still telling me they are not in the failed devices list. Infuriating. LOL

1 Like

Yeah I've had that happen. At this point I would just get a z-wave stick to remove it them

2 Likes

I know I've seen many folks talk about them, save me 30 seconds of searching LOL which one do you use?

The zooz 700 one off of amazon. (I think the 800 is out now) but any one will do. 500, 700, or 800. Doesn't matter.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-ZST39-Assistant-HomeSeer-Software/dp/B0BW171KP3

1 Like

TY Ordered

1 Like

Out of curiosity - In the Z-Wave Details screen, is there an option to update the firmware? There were some issues from older firmware that were resolved and removing ghost should work better with the new firmware. That said, there are exceptions to every rules, and the Z-Wave stick does remove them very well. Just a bit of a pain to get and install the related software.

I don't believe there was one.

A couple months ago I upgraded firmware on all of my zooz switches. Some of them got defaulted and needed to be paired to get online again. Pretty sure that's where the ghosts came from.

I did end up flipping breakers. I was afraid to cause more mesh issues doing it, but alas it didn't work.

The ghosts look like dimmers (multilevel). I definitely air gapped all those too.

Oh well, the stick will be here tomorrow.. I downloaded a pdf guide from someone here to follow but didn't really look at it yet.

1 Like

The update firmware button is for the radio on the hubitat itself. If it's not at the top of the z-wave details page you've already done it.,

3 Likes

This thread is full of good details on ghost removal:

3 Likes

Well this is frustrating. Got my zooz stick, and installed the simplicity software but Windows 10 just keeps detecting it as a generic serial port. I can't find and Bin\ZW050x_USB_VCP_PC_Driver folder anywhere on my PC to update it in device manager manually..

You don't need to do that. It should show up in the simplicity software just fine,.

Yeah it's not. Rebooted, unplugged, replugged several times but it's not detecting it.

Windows dings when I plug it in, but just shows up as a generic serial port in device manager

Yes it is.

Can you screen shot it within the silabs software?