Zwave get updated 7.17.1

I do but I use lutron switches... :rofl:

3 Likes

My goodnight routine turns off everything in the house except the teens bedroom lights.

5 Likes

I’d add those lights too. Test out your mesh and more important - show them who’s boss :smile:

:skull_and_crossbones::duck::parrot::rock:

3 Likes

You can just set those to flash at bed time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yea, cause a teen girl will listen to me.

10 Likes

Being part of the Beat testers group, I'm running the new ZWave firmware update since Saturday around noon. Since that time I'm also running Hub Watchdog every 10 minutes and that's wonderful !

Before the firmware update, I had 4-6 slowdowns per day. Since then, I have one slowdown between 2AM and 3AM and everything is fast for the rest of the day. I suspect that HE is doing a maintenance or something around 2AM. So right now that's a wonderful improvement.

4 Likes

Everyone should remember though that the updated firmware (whenever it is released) fixes some very specific issues. It's not a magic bullet for all Z-Wave problems.

I just want people to temper their enthusiasm. Some people on other hubs still had similar issues even after upgrading firmware. So it doesn't fix everything for everybody.

9 Likes

Still. I'm super excited to give it a shot.

3 Likes

For sure you're right. But FOR ME sometimes it took up to 40 seconds to power on a light, I was often angry at HE, asking myself I did did the right choice. Since Saturday everything is working as it should be all the time. I hope it will continue like that. I have 79 ZWave devices on my network. I also have 4 Zooz ZEN25 devices which are recognized to be a mess on ZWave.

Only on 700-series controllers. I know they work fine on 500-series controllers. Hopefully, while this release is beta tested, others with these devices (and other "troublesome" devices) will evaluate their long-term function and stability with 700-series controllers.

I have seen a sharp uptick in the number of route changes on a different (non-Hubitat) 700-series controller I have with 7.17.1 - no ill effects from this, but that test mesh is relatively small.

4 Likes

Another good news from Zooz support about firmware update:

"Home Assistant users confirm it fixed any issues they were having with our 700 Z-Wave sticks"

4 Likes

I have the external antenna upgrade on my main C7, however, I still have a couple of lights that respond slowly, despite being directly connected to the hub and having 100k connections.

So I’m really looking forward to this firmware upgrade!

3 Likes

LOL...neighbor had two daughters, the sounds of teenage agony that came from his house were scary. Two boys for me, best way to go. :smiley:

I'm in the beta and running the new Z-Wave stack, and I'm optimistic. I have been able to run a full-hub Z-Wave repair w/out issues, and I've had some initial speed improvements.

5 Likes

These beta updates here have me excited for 2.3.1! These and other hinted-at improvements make it seem like more of a 2.4.0 kinda deal, but I'll just be happy to have it when it arrives :+1:

3 Likes

I have the beta firmware update. I literally just started what for me personally is the ultimate test - I'm pairing my old Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1s (500 series) directly to the C-7. It's VERY early (like, I paired it 2 minutes ago), but so far, it's already promising:

Paired on the first attempt with C-7 interface (i.e. NOT a Z-stick) - it paired automatically with no security.

I have a total of 5 of these and will slowly introduce them to the C-7 over the next week and we will see what happens. If you have no idea why this is a "test", just search the forums for a description of the kryptonite that these things were to the C-7 (yes, even when paired without security using a Z-stick).

2 Likes

With the fw update I was able to remove the stuck device in the ZW db (difficulty: NOT a ghost!) which means I do NOT have to reset Z-Wave and re-pair a ton of devices..

:sweat_smile:

Still getting a network busy or two when doing funky things but even those don't seem to impact the system as much and recovery is quicker.

Pictured @danabw showing us how to do "Funky Things" the proper way:

:wink:

3 Likes

I have had 3 of the ZSE40-500 running for a while and no issues. Check out my custom driver if you have 32.02 or greater FW and want easy access to all the parameters.

There is also a new firmware I was sent (32.12) to test which REMOVES the motion notification from being sent every 8 seconds, it only reports motion start and motion end. This should greatly reduce chatter in busy areas. I asked Zooz if it was for the public yet but they have not replied.

6 Likes

Interesting. I just sent zooz an email asking about the new FW. I tried repeatedly about 2 years ago to get these sensors working with the C-7 (including pairing with a Z-stick), but to no avail. They would pair, but I'd have to reboot (Z-Wave Restart) literally once per day and even then the mesh didn't work reliably. I ended up just picking up a C-5 hub on ebay as that was cheaper than buying new sensors. I'd really like to consolidate my Z-wave into 1 mesh on the C-7 though, so if this whole experiment works, I'll be able to do that.

That’s not a skill you want to lose. You should do it anyway to keep in practice.

4 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes