Zwave freezing and is showing dev 0 in zwave log

Hardware version
C-8
Platform version

Before I begin, there are a number of post (need a separate server just for it) regarding zwave issue but have seen one regarding this.

Zwave not sending commands. Events for device show command issued, however device did not respond (command issued from a rule when door opens). Close door and open again and device works. For information have 60 devices and with exception of 7 all are powered.

Monitoring zwave log, shows a dev but clicking on info it says:

Device 0 does not exist on this hub.

It was most likely deleted at some point. Please update your links.

is this a database issue?

what it looks like...

device details page

I assume that the devices use to respond, but they have stopped recently? None of the Z-Wave devices are working, even when sending commands from the devices screen?

Have you tried the following:

• Shut down hub (via settings tab)
  • Pull power for 30 seconds
  • Pug it back in
  • Try the device again

Thats normal, its a bug in the zwave logs and the first message it sees for a device does not get the device ID attached to it.

Besides the hub shut down and restart, I would also power cycle the device.

Also after hub has been running for at least 12 hours, look at the zwave details for any devices with a high number of route changes. Your screenshots look like they were probably done right after a reboot?

2 Likes

Done both a shutdown and pulled power along with a reboot. All works great for a day, maybe 2 and then issue starts again. Typically notice it when OA lights don't turn off or on. Did have a ghost at one point that required using a zstick and Simplycity to get rid off (about a week and half ago). Relocated HUB 3 days ago to see it might be interference (NVR in that area). Same result - zwave just appears to not issue command event though event log shows one issued.

no reboot... about 4 hours later after it was noticed the first time.

capture of system check..

When did this issue start? Was it after a platform update?

was blaming it on the ghost device and it took a couple of weeks before taking the simplecity route of getting rid of it. so it has been doing it for sometime. say sometime but have only had HUB for a little over 9 weeks and the (bad)device went to hell about 2 weeks after install.

This doesnโ€™t sound like the exact problem but the way you describe this is similar to what I was experiencing. Strong mesh but certain automations just didnโ€™t work and then a few minutes later they did. Then noticed it was largely on the hour. This completely solved my issue: Z-Wave Pause / Disruption Every 30 minutes

Did the disable and will see if this resolves. Greatly appreciate info..... felt like it was sporadic and never association with a time. Will monitor...

As for the dev 0 (what was noticed after looking/staring at it) - every time a device is commanded it creates. If you command point again it does not create another dev 0. But if you command another point it creates again. If you go back to the original point you commanded then dev 0 is created again. Also noticed it was created when a device battery updated status. This appears (big assumption) to be creating a data file. Would be nice know.

Making assumption (data file) given the z wave mesh details app (from package manager) shows no info on devices till you give a command.

You are putting way too much thought into this, its not causing any issues. Its a minor display bug.

As an update,,,,, disabling seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update just tagging the dev @bcopeland so he can keep track of this case.

This is another one where they think disabling the z-wave stats job solved intermittent issues.