Zooz Zen52 Double Relay turning on on it's own

Notice Highlighted

Not sure if this would have any interaction with dashboard?

No thats for the Room Lighting app.

I am still having a similar issue with the zooz double relay. Can't seem to track down the issue. I can swap app to another relay and the problem travels with it.

Zooz Zen52 Double Relay turning on on it’s own

If I read this longish thread correctly it looks like the swap apps app is copying some problematic configuration/corruption between devices. Did you try excluding, factory reseting, and re-including the misbehaving relay? Is the firmware up to date on your relays?
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/952-zen52-double-relay-change-log/

1 Like

It moves from relay to relay so no I have not excluded it.

Right, it looks like copying the configuration from one relay to the next doesn't fix your issue. It just moves the corruption to the next relay. It seems like you need a clean start that is not based on old values and does not have that corruption. An exclusion/reset/inclusion will get you to a clean start.

1 Like

By doing an exclude it would remove the device entry from the devices list, that is where Bill is thinking there could be a problem. It is a valid point since it seems to move with the device entry when you use swap apps.

1 Like

If I am understanding you correctly I can mode it to a spare relay then exclude that relay and problem is gone? If not which relay do I exclude?

Yes that would work, just need to remove the device entry really. You could force remove it but you would be left with a zwave node that has no device entry for it.

Its worth a shot, otherwise I am out of ideas besides it being some sort of glitch in the dashboard.

1 Like

I am going with @neonturbo theory about interference. Try switch the physical switch to "ON" and leave it that way and wait.

There is no switch. Just a breaker.

Try add a switch or moving the module away from the wiring inside the box.

You need to start from scratch on the relay that doesn't work correctly. You don't want to copy any settings to it (or from it) as some rogue configuration seems to be where the issue is. So don't use swap apps. If you need a placeholder in rules/apps create a virtual switch and manually add it. Exclude the relay, reset it, re-include it.

Wait. That probably isn't right. The switches act as a pullup or pulldown circuit. If left floating (capped off with no wire) they may be receiving phantom (induced) voltage or some interference that is then telling the relay that you wanted to activate the relay.

Please draw a diagram and/or a picture of what you have done with each wire. Specifically, can you tell what you did with S1 and S2 wires on the relay?

8 relays 110 constant voltage in the ceiling. 4 light only on s1 s2 capped off. Other 4 s1 light s2 fan. The problem is one relay that has a fan turns on s1 or s2 randomly from dashboard in logs. If I swap apps to another with a light and fan the problem moves to that relay.

Which is an indicator the issue is in some software configuration. Stop moving the issue around. Wipe it out. Start from scratch wherever it is now.

Well I am glad you do not run HE. I have 18 HE hubs and when there is a software problem I would like to see it fixed not told to reset a device because of a software problem. Cause is what I am after not having to repeat this again in the future.

I don't think we have established that this is a software problem? If what bill.d suggests works, then the problem is solved and we likely (though not positively) know the cause. If this doesn't fix it, we can look elsewhere, but have ruled out one aspect of the issue.

1 Like

I was sort of convinced that it is some odd issue with the dashboard. The event log is showing the dashboard is triggering the status change. I know devs have said that info may not be 100% perfect in there, but if the device itself just turned on, I would not expect any event log for the command being called, it would just show the state change. So, it does appear the dashboard is triggering the device. He does leave the dashboard open a lot, and that is when it happens. I believe removing the device from the dashboard makes it stop happening. Was never able to get support to jump in either, despite multiple tagging attempts.

What is odd, is that no one else has had this problem, I know there are others who leave dashboards up on wall mounted tablets. Also odd it only seems to happen on one device entry (moving devices with swap apps, so sticking with the same device ID).

So knowing that, getting rid of that device entry by excluding I would say is a last ditch attempt to solve it. No idea why it might work, its a stab in the dark.

1 Like

Not sure why the OP has not removed, factory reset, re-added, then updated firmware. Seems like months of wasted time where a full reset is where I would have started…

2 Likes