Zooz Zen52 Double Relay turning on on it's own

You still have it attached to "Swamp Up Living" dashboard if that screenshot you posted is current.

If removing it from all the dashboards makes it stop then thats that... it is some sort of issue with the dashboard or someone is tapping it on the dashboard. You said you leave it open all the time and it refreshes by itself. Somehow maybe it is getting turned on when the dashboard refreshes?

What dashboard tile are you using? Should just be "Switch", not the fan control if they have one.

I would test for a while with it removed from the dashboard. Then if you want to bring it back on there, do not leave the dashboard running constantly on a device as a test as well.

Just a switch.

I removed both childs from dashboard and it still was doing it. I the removed the parent and it stopped. The parent never needed to be there. I then add just the children back and it started again.

Would the paused rules have any influence? I can close the only dashboard that is open. With the problem jumping from one relay to another makes me confident that it is not bad hardware physically. I really did not expect it to happen again with all the rules paused.

I am closing out the dashboard on the only computer that it is in use on. More to come and ideas are very welcome.

Pause rules shouldn't have an influence but you can disable them to make sure. If it's not already available, toggle the "X" here.

That is a handy little X. I am waiting for the next event. My last change was to close the dashboard on all browsers.

With the dashboard closed on the one windows 10 computer that uses the dashboard the device never failed for 48 hours. I reopened the dashboard on the computers and within 6 hours the device failed. No idea where to go with it at this point. Really confused. Driver interacting with dashboard refresh?

@tmcdonald What driver are you using? If not using my advanced driver might be worth switching to that as a test just to see what happens. [DRIVER] Zooz Relays Advanced (ZEN17 / ZEN51 / ZEN52)

@support_team - Any idea how this is possible? How would a dashboard refresh trigger a device to turn on? After multiple tests it definitely seems to be tied to the device being on the dashboard, and the dashboard being open.

Here is the 48 hours pause and then opened the dashboard again and within 6 hours it did it and again after that.

We will see what happens with this driver.

Still happening with the new driver as well. Now I am stumped.

Name Value Unit Description Source Type Produced by Triggered apps Date

Expand Table

switch off Up Living Fan: switch is turned off (digital) DEVICE digital Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan 2023-02-09 01:02:32.368 AM EST
numberOfButtons 5 DEVICE Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan 2023-02-09 01:02:32.361 AM EST
command-off Command called: off DEVICE command Living Up Fan Turns On 2023-02-09 01:02:32.115 AM EST
switch on Up Living Fan: switch is turned on (digital) DEVICE digital Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan * Living Up Fan Turns On (allHandlerX) 2023-02-09 01:02:30.908 AM EST
numberOfButtons 5 DEVICE Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan 2023-02-09 01:02:30.898 AM EST
command-on Command called: on DEVICE command Hubitat® Dashboard 2023-02-09 01:02:30.553 AM EST
switch off Up Living Fan: switch is turned off (digital) DEVICE digital Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan 2023-02-09 12:46:03.220 AM EST
numberOfButtons 5 DEVICE Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan 2023-02-09 12:46:03.207 AM EST
command-off Command called: off DEVICE command Living Up Fan Turns On 2023-02-09 12:46:02.964 AM EST
switch on Up Living Fan: switch is turned on (digital) DEVICE digital Relay Up 6 Sitting Area Fan * Living Up Fan Turns On (allHandlerX) 2023-02-09 12:46:01.743 AM EST

The rule is new all it does is shut it back off if it comes on and notifies me.

The dashboard is just a switch.

If I close the dashboard (only opened on one windows pc in chrome) it does not have the issue.

I have been here alone (no one else to touch stuff while testing) for the last three weeks.

Really weird

Parent

Other Child

Nothing to turn either child on. I did have all other in use by paused but I ended up deleting all of them and it still turns on.

I have swapped devices back then swapped the original with another device and the problem moves again to the third device. So 1 of 10 or so relays. All work with exception of where I move the original device using swap apps. How is the problem moving? It also only happens when the only computer using the dashboard has the dash board open. If I close the dash board it does not happen. Hard to use a relay without the dashboard!!!!!!!!! Make a virtual device and transfer it there??? Not a fix! Help.

Are you physically swapping the devices and then using swap apps on them to move the automations? And when you do that the problem follows the physical relay device to the new location (which is a different "device" on the hub devices list because you swapped them)?

If you do that and the issues is hub software related I would expect it to follow the "device" on the hub, which you have swapped to another device. If the problem is device hardware/firmware I would expect it to follow where the device is physically moved to.

All of that would be great, but we have also found that it only happens when the hub dashboard is open, so how can it be tied to the dashboard but then move with the physical device :thinking: ?? That is a head scratcher.

Is that the only relay on this dashboard or are they all on the same dashboard that you like to keep open?

I wish. All of them are in the attic. I have not physically touched them. All hard wired. The main room with 8 of them. 4 are ceiling fan/light and 4 are light only second relay not used. My first swap app was between 2 of them that both had fans. The second swap after original swap back which problem followed back to the original and then transferred to the third device. The funny thing is the third device is light on relay 1 and nothing on relay 2 and both are now doing it. This is the reason that I do not believe that it is defective hardware.

Thanks

The swap apps does not work on child devices, so you are just swapping the parent device I assume? The relay device should have two child devices. Ideally you should be controlling the CHILD devices not the parent. If the "on" command is happening on the parent, that is why both relay contacts are responding.

But yes, it is definitely pointing to a software issue on the hub.

You did not answer the question if they are all on the same dashboard?

The children are the problem. (just like real life) The parent shows no events. The children are showing the events and the on command is coming from dashboard app. The physical problem is moving from one dual relay device to another dual relay device which is why I am convinced that it is not malfunctioning hardware but a database issue which I have upgraded many times over the last few months while having the problem or a compatibility problem of sorts that moves around?

But how are you swapping it? I assume just the parent device? Swap apps does not work for child devices. So if you swap the parent only, only apps tied to the parent device would be swapped, not the child devices. It is hurting my brain trying to think through what exactly is going on when you swap a parent only with child devices attached. The result is probably not great, so just doing that may be causing more issues. Without actually seeing it in action I cannot wrap my head around what would happen exactly.

When you were saying swap before I thought you were swapping the actual hardware around.

Okay. 2 double relays. One double relay turns on the children on its own. Run swap apps and the other double relay start turning on the children on its own. Why I believe that it is not hardware. Also swapped to third double relay and the problem moved to it. All relays are installed and hardwired.

You still never answered the question I asked above twice (now 3 times).
Is that the only relay on this dashboard or are they all on the same dashboard that you like to keep open?

I am not questioning this at all, but I am just trying to imagine why the heck swapping apps on the parent device would make the problem move with it if you state all control / dashboards are using the child devices. I guess the problem is not really moving per-se, it is sticking to the same child which has a swapped parent.