Zooz RGBW Zen31 issues and Motion Lighting Apps issues - help needed

Yes, that allows for best results of independent control. Are you using the custom driver or the built-in driver here?

Thanks Agnes, so far only the built in driver

Can you try installing the custom driver and re-including the device to HE to see if it works better?

I deleted it from the system then reinstalled it and it picked up the custom driverhowever I still can't control the white channel I can control the RGB channels no problem

Does the custom driver give a parent and two childs as well or is that only with the default driver, The reason I ask is with the custom driver I only have one device

@mike.maxwell, I am not able to control the white channel of Qty 3 - Zen31s no matter what I try, is there an issue with the built in driver?

Oddly enough, I can't control white with the custom driver either...

RTFM I always say... Didn't have it wired correctly

Nothing more to see here other than my embarrassment

1 Like

Any updates on this topic? I have four Zooz RGBW controllers and they are all very laggy. Sometimes they can take up to 10 seconds to change color or dim.

did you connect without security? That's what made mine work

Not really sure how to do that, care to explain please?

With S2 security devices (which the Zen31 is) this dialog appears when you include the Zen31, and one or more of the S2 ("Security 2") options would have been pre-selected. If you uncheck all the options you join the device w/out security. Most users here only use security for locks and garage doors, aka "barrier devices."

To change security you'd have to exclude and then re-include the device(s).

See my answer that I marked as the solution. It's still not great, but at least it mostly works. It's slow sometimes but much quicker than previously, and when turning on at night it sometimes defaults to the last color and brightness, then goes to the dull red/orange I had picked. IMO the device just isn't ready, so I bought another device.

@bravenel - wondering if you got to test the zen31 yet. I thought I was over the problems, but I just got an Inovelli LZW45 light strip up and running yesterday, and it's doing the same thing the Zen31 was. It "loses" itself and quits responding, or if it does go on in the daytime it uses the super dim night setting. If both completely different devices are broken in the same manner, it would suggest this is a hub issue. Same behavior - if I unplug and replug it works properly for a bit.

Today I am trying the exclude/include with no security, but it would be really nice to get a response on this issue.

Been playing w/my Inovelli LED strip and haven't seen any of those issues, mine has been stable and runs in automation as expected. There is a thread below where lots of owners of the Inovelli strips are hanging out - you might want to cross post over there to get input from that group.

1 Like

It works fine with the fibaro rgbw driver, it is very responsive and fast, everything except the effects. It makes the child devices not work anymore but you can control most with the main device. Just wished the effects worked since i have it controlling my snake’s enclosure and that thunder effect looks cool.

which driver are you using? I am using inovelli's as the default one upon first inclusion defaulted to my LZW36.

For the LED strip I'm using the driver from Inovelli's site - it's the only driver specifically for that LED strip that I'm aware of. You have to add it to your drivers, then select it for the strip. If you already have the driver installed then it will be selected automatically when you pair one of the light strips.

LZW45 LED Strip Driver Raw link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-light-strip-lzw45.src/inovelli-light-strip-lzw45.groovy

After setting up the correct driver, if you want to have some fun, start clicking this button on the driver page to go through some cool stuff on your light strip.

So much fun!!

Yep - that's the one I'm using, thanks for letting me know.

@danabw - would you mind doing a test for me? Could you create a simple motion app that turns on 4500k at level 100 for day, then hue 3 saturation 97 at level 20 for night? If you do this, I'm guessing you will see it works properly the first day and then the next day it doesn't go to 4500k - it's still red from the night even though it's supposed to set the color to white.

I don't understand why the motion app works until color is set at night. My zen was doing that (and some other stuff) but quit after I connected without security. My lzw45 never goes back to white unless I go into the device and set 4500 (I figured this would be what the motion app does, but apparently it doesn't!?)

You know I don't use modes at all, so not sure if they are even set up or configured propelry. I'll take a look and see what I need to do to try to run that for you.

In the meantime maybe @bravenel can take a look and tell us if he knows why the light may not be responding as you expect.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.