ZooZ power switch v1 issues

Don't know what to say... I did factory reset it; cleaned up hubitat; re-included it. Logging calmed down after a couple of minutes, and it indeed processed my on() command... but that just triggered constant notification that the device was on; off() command was ignored/lost in the noise.
In the trash it goes.

Thanks, that made it a lot easier to see that it wasn't the configuration or anything in the driver that could be causing the problem.

How close is your device to the hub?

Do you have any other zwave devices you can turn on/off to see if they're doing anything strange?

<2 feet.

Several (>10) - including ZooZ Zen23 switches; all working without complaints...

Does it freak out when you use the physical switch to operate the ZEN15.

Both of them are doing this? Now that is odd. Depending on where you purchased I'd look to return them as defective.

Yeah, both; I bought them from thesmartesthouse.com - as I did with many other devices. I'll contact them and let them know; the only problem is that I purchased them 6 months ago "for future developments"...

I'm out of ideas so you should contact them and you might want to include a link to this topic.

The Smartest House owns Zooz so it being 6 months after you bought it might not matter.

ZEN15 - so, you mean the power switch, not the Zen23 I mentioned in the quote you included; honestly, I didn't try.

Yes, the ZEN15.

When operated programmatically the driver sets the value (on/off) and then requests a report to make sure it changed. It looks like the first set works, but the device sends tons of reports back which essentially kills the device.

When operated physically the device sends the report on its own so I was just curious if it just sent one report like it's supposed to or if it has the same problem.

Got it; I may give it one last test at some point, and I'll let you know the answer.
Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

I know my washer and dryer aren't the most efficient appliances on the market, but sheesh :rofl: :

Device page for ZEN15 (Washer):

hubitat_zooz-power-switch_1a

Device page for ZEN15 (Dryer):

hubitat_zooz-power-switch_1b

Using the built-in Zooz Power Switch driver; these are the first versions of the switch with the straight plug connectors.

Using these for my laundry piston:

hubitat_zooz-power-switch_1d

Something is very wrong with those High Amp and high Watt readings. Here is mine running a space heater in my office, that been installed for 2 weeks. Mine has the 45 degree angle plug.

Yup ... had the same problem on ST, too ... may be a firmware issue. The High values get updated even when the appliances aren't being used. On ST, I was getting on()/off() events when the switches were already on/off, respectively.

We thought it was a random ST issue that was affecting a few users, but since users are seeing it on this platform too it has to be a firmware issue.

I made my ST handler ignore values over 2000W, 150V, and 18A.

Is it OK if I make the change mentioned above to my Zooz Power Switch driver?

Well, I'd certainly like that :grinning:

I was using your handler in the ST world and remembered that ST forum thread that initiated your mods.

A post was split to a new topic: Zen15 Zooz Power Switch

You should probably start a new post, the Hubitat platform is completely different than from 2018, and I am not sure any of the above would fit your situation.

When you start a new thread, include screenshots of your rule, and screenshots of the Zen15 settings.

@bobbyd can we split and/or close this thread?

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you.