Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor

After you finish changing settings you need to click save. Then you need to use the paperclip to wake the device up.

Sometimes you have to use the paperclip more than once to wake it up so if it still shows pending changes after 15 seconds you need to wake it up again.

1 Like

Open your hub's logging screen in another browser tab so you can see if you're getting any errors.

nope no errors. doing an exclude / reset then trying to include again.

went through the entire process again using the paperclip once every 30 secs or so. everything seems to be working now.

thank you.

1 Like

the device is now stuck in the active state. heres the logs:

2018-04-20 19:49:51.209:debugDevice Checked In
2018-04-20 19:34:45.999:debugMotion is active
2018-04-20 19:34:35.089:debugDevice Checked In
2018-04-20 19:32:52.576:debugDevice Checked In
2018-04-20 19:14:08.053:debugDevice Checked In
2018-04-20 19:14:08.038:debugUnable to parse description: zw device: 07, command: D840, payload:
2018-04-20 19:11:04.945:debugDevice Checked In
2018-04-20 18:58:09.480:debugMotion is inactive

thanks.

and its working again. so likely not a device specific issue but likely the slowness / freezes issues that have been posted on other threads as well.

sorry for troubling you.

thanks again.

sigh ... this didnt look so good so bugging you again. this is my first zwave device on hubitat. however not sure why the device status is DEAD. doesnt seem like the device is healthy.

thanks.

edit: and the device is alive now. at least i have found a way to fix any issues with the device. just post the issue here while tagging you. :slight_smile:

The Status/Activity related fields on the Zwave Info and Devices pages can't be trusted.

1 Like

I'm having an issue with this sensor as well. It seems to be reporting everything except motion. Motion is set as the primary status and no matter how many times I wake up the device (and save before), it won't show the motion value.

When waking, I see a yellow flash of the LED and the check-in value does seem to update.

Ideas?

CloudApp

wake the device by pin-in-hole method to have all pending changes applied then give it a few hours to stabilize specially if newly added to network.

Interesting....

I'm having the same problem with the same sensor, but not with Hubitat. I was doing some testing of this sensor with a Vera Plus and I'm having the exact same issue. Odd thing is I know Vera did a firmware upgrade recently.

I also had this issue with a Homeseer setup. I fixed it with HomeSeer by pairing in unsecure mode.

What firmware version is shown in the data section at the bottom and what are you using for the motion re-trigger setting?

CloudApp

CloudApp

The bulb is in a lamp at the moment for testing.

Currently the Zooz is still reporting:
primaryStatus : Save Settings and Wake Up Device.

No matter how many times I poke it with a paperclip, it doesn't seem to update the primary status. I can even change the primary status to report temperature instead of motion and it still doesn't work.

So it's been a few days, I did some more troubleshooting, and I think I found a solution to my problem.

For whatever reason, pairing the device in Firefox (Dev Edition) seemed to cause the no motion problem.

I switched to Chrome for pairing and the device was reporting motion immediately. Since I don't know the ins-and-outs of the pairing process, I'm not sure why it would be reliant on my browser vendor, but I'm not complaining too much.

Here is what I did to finally get this device working:

• Open Hubitat in Google Chrome. 1 tab for adding device & 1 tab for logging
  • Remove back cover of sensor
  • Press reset button w/ paperclip 10 times. The sensor LED should blink a bunch afterwards for a second or two
  • Replace back cover
  • Start device pairing in Hubitat (Discover Devices button)
  • Press reset button w/ paperclip 2 times
  • Sensor LED will blink a couple times
  • Click Save when the device is detected by Hubitat
  • Navigate to device settings in Hubitat
  • Make any modifications (motion threshold, temp settings, etc) then click Save button
  • Press reset button w/ paperclip 1 time
  • Wait for device to accept to new changes. Verify in Hubitat log.

Hopefully this helps someone who may have issues in the future. Big thanks to @krlaframboise for helping me with some DMs and also I want to give a shoutout to the support staff at Zooz (The Smartest House). Initially when I thought it might be a hardware issue, they sent out a replacement no questions asked. Great folks over there!

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me the temperature reporting interval of the Zooz? Is it settable in habitat?

The device takes light/temperature/humidity measurements about every 3 minutes and if any of those values exceed the thresholds specified in the settings then the device reports all 3 values to the hub.

Great! Thanks!

Thank you for this. Chrome setup worked for me as well. I dont see how a different browser should matter, but it did.

Iā€™m having this trouble. Was paired with chrome so that is not the problem.

A simple reset (one click recessed button) got it working after some time. I had to leave it alone for about 30 minutes after a reset.