[Zigbee] Visual render for getChildAndRouteInfo

Using the built-in app

I have three unknowns
Address: 69AB
Address: 439E
and
Address: Unknown 0

69AB I've seen data on the Zigbee logs but I have no idea what the device could be

Now I have also seen 439E

You'll see them when they wake up and report in

1 Like

He is seeing them in the logs, but it looks like the device entry was possibly deleted, and the device is still paired with the hub. Not sure how you fix that? Reset the device and pair it again? You have to know what device it is though.

Correct I cant see any devices missing so it has to be something every unimportant and one of them is reporting as a repeater so has to plugged in

All very strange

Same, multiple times for me. I do have several Chrome windows open and many tabs in each window.

Stop doing that, you'll go blind..

5 Likes

On two different Z-Wave meshes and with both Schlage and Yale locks I see routes between the locks and battery operated devices which are not routers.

I assume the locks aren't routers since they're battery operated and sleepy.

Is this just the nature of how locks report routes?

Those are not "routes" for zwave, it is showing all neighbor connections.

Locks are different than sensor devices because they need to be listening for incoming commands all the time. I do not have any locks myself but I assume because of this they may become neighbors of other battery sensor devices by responding to a neighbor search. As long as they are not showing as a repeater (color of dot), then the other battery devices will not try and route through them.

2 Likes

love the graph - 106 devices, 88 found but really showing me the focal points in my zigbee network

2 Likes

weird i have half of your devices but totally different topology.. mine is hub centric and hardly uses any of the repeaters..

What is your power setting at?

He may be on a c7

C8 default 16

I think that has been lowered in a more recent platform version… to 4 I think, but not 100% sure…

Current default Zigbee power level on C8 is 8.

2 Likes

How's your new hub working out?
I got another reboot doing my "experiment".

1 Like

Some people may think I'm a square...

10 Likes

Nobody can accuse you of not having enough repeaters.

4 Likes

Hi all,

Long time no see, been busy with assembling IKEA products for my home :slight_smile: still a work in progress.

Good news is that version 2.0.0 is out now with the following changes:

Added

• v2.0.0 uses HPM now to download the zigbee-graph.html file from GitHub into the File Manager (you might need to first update HPM to latest version as this file install feature had some minor issues in older versions)
  • Use Solarized theme colors
  • Add Dark theme support
  • Add config option to hide link particles and how directional arrows instead (helps when sharing a graph image)
  • Add FAQ section to try to add some meaning to the graph (content is taken mostly from the Hubitat community, thanks!)

Changed

• Migrate to the new endpoint getChildAndRouteInfoJson to remove text parsing and HTML scraping - big thanks to the Hubitat devs for this!
  • Other small UI improvements

As always, your feedback is welcome, especially on the FAQ section as my Zigbee knowledge is seriously lacking and I might have added wrong or misleading info there.

Have fun!

9 Likes