Zigbee network offline frequently

I was only using the advanced integration to tie some non-hue zigbee lights to a hue group and use a hue tap switch for control. Now, with the HomeKit integration I don't need it. I can create native groups in Home and just tell Siri what to do. So far it's working very well. Just need to figure out why the zigbee network keeps falling down. Hopefully this will fix it.

Well that did not fix it. The zigbee network goes offline about once a day now. A reboot brings it right back. Looking at the device stats log I don't see anything swamping the controller, the most "talkative" device had only 158 events in 24 hours, very low. The most processor intensive device used only 4,614 milliseconds of time in 24 hours.

The zigbee log is always empty.

Is there another log or place I should be looking to uncover a chatty device or something spamming he hub?

I would tag @support_team . They can look at your engineering logs.

We did :wink: Unfortunately, it might be a hardware malfunction.

Good thing the new C8 hub just launched! :laughing: Ordered one this morning. Thank you all for your help resolving this issue.

1 Like

I've been unable to keep zigbee network operating for more than a few hours for several weeks now. I've updated through several Hubitat versions, applied updates through package manager, and reset my hub (both software reboot and power off for ~20 minutes) numerous times. I don't see anything pertinent in the logs, and I don't have any overload-type errors. I'm unable to send private messages, and so haven't been able to follow the guidance from @bobbyD to supply MAC address for assistance.

If I download a backup, then hard reset my hub, will reloading the backup just put be back in exactly the same state? Will I need to re-pair my 31 zigbee devices?

Your MAC address is printed on the bottom of the hub but, if that proves to be an inconvenient location, you can also see it at Settings > Hub Details.

(My information erased before publishing)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.