Interesting. I can understand that, but I have taken out the same battery before to recharge it with previous versions of Hubitat

Removing the battery is not the issue. It is how low the battery gets before you pull it for recharging.

3 Likes

I'm new to mesh, working on moving over from Wink, I see a notification that my "Zigbee network is offline" sounds like a similar issue?

Has anyone managed to fix this issue with more recent firmeware without replacing their hub?

I've been using my Hubitat C7 hub since January 2022 and it has been working fine with only Z-Wave devices. When I first got the hub I only planned to use Z-Wave devices so I turned off the Zigbee radio.

I just recently got a Zigbee devices and tried to pair it, but when I enabled the Zigbee radio my hub popped up this alert ("ZigBee network is offline.") and nothing I've tried has fixed it. I first encountered the issue while running 2.3.4.153, and subsequently upgraded to 2.3.5.101, but that didn't help. I just tried downgrading to 2.3.3.140 (the oldest version available) and it didn't help, so I upgraded back to 2.3.5.101 and it is still not working.

Is there anything else I should try, or is my only option to replace the hub?

1 Like

There are just 3-4 Zigbee devices that are known to have problems pairing to C-7. What brand/make are yous?

I don't think my issue has anything to do with the brand of the Zigbee device I'm trying to pair. The alert I'm getting is persistent and visible even without trying to pair any devices.

I agree something is amiss with zigbee right now (I'm on latest release f/w)... I discovered this week that I'm not able to add or rejoin ANY zigbee device.

And attempts to experiment why / troubleshoot often just totally crash my ZB network.

My ZB network has been super stable (for years!) until now... My C8 is arriving today, and I don't know if I should attempt the switch or not -- will I perhaps just infect the C8 with whatever problem is plaguing my C7? Or is my C7's ZB radio going bad, and the C8 will be the savior?

Based on other recent posts in the community here, it seems like there is some kind of ZB glitch out there -- it's not biting everyone, but it's biting some of us.

1 Like

Same issue here. Just bought the device second hand from the last owner who had no issues. A firmware upgrade later and boom!!! No Zigbee. Very frustrating!!

UPdate. Just rolled firmware back to 2.3.1.138 and installed. On rebooting offered upgrade to newest firmware....104 and boom Zigbee back online. Going to actually see if I can connect anything now...

Same here. Brand New C-8 hub from Amazon. Worked for 2 or 3 days then got an alert saying "ZigBee network is offline". The radio did show offline. I tried rebooting the radio and it got stuck on "initializing". Same when I this the hub.

Not sure how to try the rollback without losing my recent configs... Should I go straight to warranty claim?

1 Like

Should have mentioned. I'm on platform 2.3.5.113

Rolling back didn't work. The oldest available was 2.3.4.148. Went back and forth, still no ZigBee.

Ok... Out of despair, I tried random stuff, and then "something" worked. I did the following:

• unplug my smartthings hub in case it's a ZigBee competition
  • set my 2.4g wifi to channel 1
  • set my HE ZigBee radio to channel 20 ( apply did not seem to work)
  • reset ZigBee radio
  • Boom! Online! And the channel settings now seemed to have made it through
  • re-add everything

Everything now seems to work... Let's hope it lasts more than 2 days this time.

Note that my smartthings hub is still offline for now.

1 Like

I have just had this happen again on my HE C-7. Zigbee device stops working and investigation shows Zigbee offline. There is a 3 step routine I go through to solve the issue that seems to work every time.
Step 1. try to add zigbee device. Sometimes the poling process relinks to the device and all begins working again.
Step 2 go to Settings and reset your Zigbee radio. If the lock is caused by Zigbee network issues then this may restart the devices. However this may be an issue that was caused by downloading a platform update. Clue is that the Zigbee radio reset in step 2 just sits on the 'Updating - do not leave this page' forever.
Step 3. Go to Settings and restore from the penultimate or ante-penultimate backup. Depending on how long you have been battling the issue you may have gone through more than one revision. It's ok to go back 2 or 3 revisions -

A simple reboot should clear the issue. If not, or the problem is consistent, then there's probably an external cause (e.g. hub is overloaded) with the last possibility being failing hardware.

1 Like

Hello Bobby, I am having the same issue and can not solve this at all. Can you send me a PM please?

Does this mean that you have to remove and then re-add your zigbee devices

Sorry, new user. What does this mean?

Here is my story...

In summary, this is what has been done so far...

reboot hub (multiple times)
check for frequency interference...

Wifi 1
HE 20
Hue 11
ST 15

Note: started with 3 TRÅDFRI outlets and then added three sf the Tuya mmWave Sensor at a time. Currently, that is all that is connected. Everything else has their batteries removed or has been removed entirely.

Shut down hub for 20 minutes with other zigbee devices on to get them to "panic" and find new routes.

I've scoured my logs and stats and nothing is jumping out at me.

The last two things that I think that I can think of is...

Anyone have anything else?